Rogaine...should you after an HT??

NC30

I've heard/read that minoxidil has a limited lifespan for your hair. In other words...after a period of time ( I've read usually about 2 years), that minoxidil would lose its effectiveness and no longer be helpful, and potentially harmful.

I started minoxidil a few years ago, and saw some results, but nothing major. I also started propecia about a year or so later and had pretty much stopped all hair loss. I was no longer finding hair in my combs/brushes, was noticing baby hairs, etc. Unfortunately, I was a little too overconfident about my condition, and was too embarassed about gettin the propecia prescription refilled and stopped the propecia. A few months later, I stopped using minoxidil ( again, it was embarassing for me to buy it at the store--i'd go to stores not in my area, coupled with procrastination, and an extremely busy work schedule).

Well, after quitting minoxidil I experienced an EXTREME amount of hairloss--to the point where people would actually be rude and point it out or ask questions.

During some of my consulations before my HT, I was told by doctors that the extreme loss I'd experienced was due to me being on the minoxidil and then quitting.

So, I've read and been told that if you start on minoxidil, and have stayed on it awhile, that if you ever get off it, you'll usually experience a great deal of loss. So, after its limited lifespan for your hair is complete ( the 2 year phase), would u also then experience a severe amount of loss?

I'd like to see everyone's thoughts on this as well. I used the minoxidil for a very limited time to help the intial grafts grow, but I dont want to start the whole process over again. If I've gotten a 1500 graft HT, I dont want to lose all of it if 2 years later they fall out again because of the minoxidil wearing off...as well as losing the existing hairs still there. It would be defeating the purpose of the HT in so many ways and be devastating. And besides...if the new hair is "programmed" differently and wont fall out again since their permanent, I dont wanna harm the new ones by startin the young'uns on drugs.

If someone knows differently, or has read/experienced the same, please feel free to comment. I'm not going to start minoxidil again. I'm going to stick with propecia. If the

Thoughts?

I've heard/read that minoxidil has a limited lifespan for your hair. In other words...after a period of time ( I've read usually about 2 years), that minoxidil would lose its effectiveness and no longer be helpful, and potentially harmful.

I started minoxidil a few years ago, and saw some results, but nothing major. I also started propecia about a year or so later and had pretty much stopped all hair loss. I was no longer finding hair in my combs/brushes, was noticing baby hairs, etc. Unfortunately, I was a little too overconfident about my condition, and was too embarassed about gettin the propecia prescription refilled and stopped the propecia. A few months later, I stopped using minoxidil ( again, it was embarassing for me to buy it at the store--i'd go to stores not in my area, coupled with procrastination, and an extremely busy work schedule).

Well, after quitting minoxidil I experienced an EXTREME amount of hairloss--to the point where people would actually be rude and point it out or ask questions.

During some of my consulations before my HT, I was told by doctors that the extreme loss I'd experienced was due to me being on the minoxidil and then quitting.

So, I've read and been told that if you start on minoxidil, and have stayed on it awhile, that if you ever get off it, you'll usually experience a great deal of loss. So, after its limited lifespan for your hair is complete ( the 2 year phase), would u also then experience a severe amount of loss?

I'd like to see everyone's thoughts on this as well. I used the minoxidil for a very limited time to help the intial grafts grow, but I dont want to start the whole process over again. If I've gotten a 1500 graft HT, I dont want to lose all of it if 2 years later they fall out again because of the minoxidil wearing off...as well as losing the existing hairs still there. It would be defeating the purpose of the HT in so many ways and be devastating. And besides...if the new hair is "programmed" differently and wont fall out again since their permanent, I dont wanna harm the new ones by startin the young'uns on drugs.

If someone knows differently, or has read/experienced the same, please feel free to comment. I'm not going to start minoxidil again. I'm going to stick with propecia. If the

Thoughts?