Hair Transplant repair work options...

Ryan32

Hello everyone...

I have a general question that I need help with. What is and are the best options for a previous hair transplant? Is going with FUE the best option? Or is strip the better option? Also in terms of shock loss when performing another HT close by the previous one will this result in futher loss??

Hello everyone...

I have a general question that I need help with. What is and are the best options for a previous hair transplant? Is going with FUE the best option? Or is strip the better option? Also in terms of shock loss when performing another HT close by the previous one will this result in futher loss??

On the bright side, I would think that the previously transplanted hair would be less vulnerable to shock loss or at least permanent shock loss than existing native hair, and that current, more refined methods allow surgeons in many cases to blend the new grafts in with the old, making them not a total waste. icon_smile.gif I suppose this depends on how bad the original work is though.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

youngsuccess,

I would think that the previously transplanted hair would be less vulnerable to shock loss or at least permanent shock loss than existing native hair

I'm not sure if that's a true statement or not. Interesting theory though...

Would love to see any data you might have on this.

Bill

Sure, although it's not really data, just the opinion of a doctor. This is what Dr. Rassman thinks (read it on his q&a website):

"Grafted hair is considered permanent and is resistant to shock loss. If you lose any of your hair at all, it would be the native miniaturized hair in the recipient area, not the transplanted ones."

Makes sense to me. If someone had a previous transplant, those hairs should be permanent.

-------

Actually, I wish I could post the link to that, as it refers to a case of a guy going in for a second transplant worrying about shock loss. Are we allowed to do that here? It's getting too political around here for me ha ha.

-------

Grafted hair is considered permanent and is resistant to shock loss

I believe this quote is referring to permanent shock loss, not temporary shock loss.

I believe that because this statement is wrong simply put.

Personal experience and public evidence suggests the opposite for sure.

However, this statement above accurate regarding permanent shock loss.

Cheers,

Bill