Hair Loss - Interesting Observation

I am a 28 yr old guy, experiencing severe (a very soft and simple pull of my hair would pull off 5-10 hairs) hair loss for the past 2 yrs.

I am from india and been in the US for the past 6 yrs.

I recently visited india for a short vacation of 19 days. I could see a drastic difference in my hair fall. I lost hair in the initial days of my vacation. but as days progressed the hair fall was very less and infact towards the end, there was no hair loss at all. my cousin (not a small kid, but of 24 yrs old) pulled (strong pull) my hair thrice with her two hands and only 1 hair got pulled. it has become soo strong.

The only difference in what i did personally was frequent washing of my hair. I washed my hair atleast once in 2 days(because of the hot weather and pollution), where it used to be once a week or 10 days in the US and used to have a lot of dandruff too.

now i am back in the US and things are back to normal. hair loss is back to severe (not as severe as earlier though).

i though this was an interesting observation i need to share with you guys. what do you think made so much difference? was it the frequency of my hair wash and/ or the dandruff due to less frequent hair wash in the US? (or) the climate/water in india?

please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Venkat

I am a 28 yr old guy, experiencing severe (a very soft and simple pull of my hair would pull off 5-10 hairs) hair loss for the past 2 yrs.

I am from india and been in the US for the past 6 yrs.

I recently visited india for a short vacation of 19 days. I could see a drastic difference in my hair fall. I lost hair in the initial days of my vacation. but as days progressed the hair fall was very less and infact towards the end, there was no hair loss at all. my cousin (not a small kid, but of 24 yrs old) pulled (strong pull) my hair thrice with her two hands and only 1 hair got pulled. it has become soo strong.

The only difference in what i did personally was frequent washing of my hair. I washed my hair atleast once in 2 days(because of the hot weather and pollution), where it used to be once a week or 10 days in the US and used to have a lot of dandruff too.

now i am back in the US and things are back to normal. hair loss is back to severe (not as severe as earlier though).

i though this was an interesting observation i need to share with you guys. what do you think made so much difference? was it the frequency of my hair wash and/ or the dandruff due to less frequent hair wash in the US? (or) the climate/water in india?

please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Venkat

venkat ,ur experincing what most of the nri experince and is their worst nightmare,indian people are not accustomed to the u.s water has it has lot of chemicals mixed in it.it happens to the majority of them,for most of them like in your case it returns back to normal when they come back from u.s

anyways i suggest you to visit a dermatologist just in case to rule out any otyher cause,as the opinions stated above are as of my own and not a medical advice.