Proscar? Propecia? Avodart?

Hey Guys:

Been reading some of what the guys here are taking for oral medications.

Proscar. Propecia. Avodart. Others?

I know about Propecia/Finasteride because I am taking it, (also know about the FDA's ok on this one drug).

But to be completely honest, I would like to take something that works, and that does not interfere with my ejaculations like Finasteride does.

Hope I am not offending anyone by saying that, but I am just being honest.

And ultimately, am looking to be more informed before I approach my doctor about this.

aH

Hey Guys:

Been reading some of what the guys here are taking for oral medications.

Proscar. Propecia. Avodart. Others?

I know about Propecia/Finasteride because I am taking it, (also know about the FDA's ok on this one drug).

But to be completely honest, I would like to take something that works, and that does not interfere with my ejaculations like Finasteride does.

Hope I am not offending anyone by saying that, but I am just being honest.

And ultimately, am looking to be more informed before I approach my doctor about this.

aH

From my own observations, Propecia (or a Propecia/Minoxidil combination) typically delivers the best results in terms of maintaining and, in some cases, re-growing hair. That said, it sounds like you are having side effects that may warrant discontinuing the drug. Certainly, you should consult with your physician. I would also recommend doing some research on Minoxidil and ketoconazole.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.