Lots of New Hair Sprouting at 6 Weeks-Unusual?

steve Scott

Steve,

What you're experiencing is normal and expected. I'm surprised your doc didn't prep you. But those that are growing now will very shortly, most likely, fall out, then you will be back to where you were prior to the procedure. Until 4 - 6 mos when you will start to see very fine hair, ultimately growing in thicker.

Steve,

Some hair never falls out and after a while starts growing. I had plenty that did that. A good bit however will fall out and after a cycle will start sprouting, usually as very soft and wispy type of hair that strengthens and increases in diameter. If the hairs you are talking about have already fallen out you may indeed be seeing new growth starting. Every person is a little different. You'll know in a short while.

My crown feels like a 5 o'clock shadow. I had 2000 grafts done on Dec 10th, and for some reason I thought it was going to take longer for hair to start growing.

Indeed 6 weeks is early for a lot of growth, but not unheard of. You should consider yourself among the lucky few who start that early. I had a few sprouts at 5.5 weeks and I thought I was on the way, but then nothing happened for another few weeks. Don't expect anything for the first 4 months. Then, if you really get a bunch before then, you'll be happily surprised!

My crown feels like a 5 o'clock shadow. I had 2000 grafts done on Dec 10th, and for some reason I thought it was going to take longer for hair to start growing.

Indeed 6 weeks is early for a lot of growth, but not unheard of. You should consider yourself among the lucky few who start that early. I had a few sprouts at 5.5 weeks and I thought I was on the way, but then nothing happened for another few weeks. Don't expect anything for the first 4 months. Then, if you really get a bunch before then, you'll be happily surprised!

Exactly.

Hugh, I never asked, my man. How was your Christmas? It was the first time in years that I had been around my extended family without a hat on and I got more than one comment about that but noone said anything else (mostly because I had been wearing hats around them all for so many years that they couldnt possibley know I had any loss). The worst before was always when it came time to say grace before we ate and I would have to take off my hat. I would always stand in the back and peek to make sure noone was looking. This year i was at the front of everyone.

Oh yeah, I'm from the South if anyone was wondering... icon_smile.gif

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog