hello everyone

stratman

Greetings to all as this is my first post on this or any hair loss forum. I have booked an Ht with Dr Armani in Toronto for some time in June. Of course I am second guessing myself now as I am unsure of results.Here is a poor picture of hair loss(sorry). Dr Armani recommends 4000 grafts in the front 1/3 of my head thereby reconstucting the hairline and add density as well.A second procedure will most likely be needed down the road for the rest.Any comments would be appreciated.Special thanks to Pat for this site.

Picture_28.jpg.dbb2b41e5cbff2b922ff38efc0e81259.jpg

Greetings to all as this is my first post on this or any hair loss forum. I have booked an Ht with Dr Armani in Toronto for some time in June. Of course I am second guessing myself now as I am unsure of results.Here is a poor picture of hair loss(sorry). Dr Armani recommends 4000 grafts in the front 1/3 of my head thereby reconstucting the hairline and add density as well.A second procedure will most likely be needed down the road for the rest.Any comments would be appreciated.Special thanks to Pat for this site.

wow my hairloss is similar to yours but im doing only 2000 gr.

4000 plus second procedure seems a lot to me!

i may be wrong......

i always wondered how HT doctors can tell how many grafts we need if they see only one or few pictures from net?

since all of them require full payment in advance before HT what happen if you actually need 2000 or 3000 grafts but you paid already for 4000 in advance?

do they give you back difference ?

i was told i need 2000 grafts for my HT but what if from my donor area we take only 1500?

and i payd for 2000?

stratman,

4000 in the front/mid-scalp area should provide you with the appearance of density. Good luck with the procedure.

Are you doing anything for loss prevention? You may search for threads on Propecia, Proscar (both are finasteride) and/or Minoxidil. DHT is the culprit causing hair loss of male-pattern-baldness susceptible hair. Finasteride is a DHT blocker taken internally, Minoxidil is a topical application absorbed through the scalp. They are the only two things proven to help maintain and/or regrow hair.

I mention this as your pic seems to show you have a decent amount of hair in the mid-scalp and vertex area. You may want to consider a scalp and haircare regimen as well to provide optimal growth conditions.

HT's are good for those having already experienced significant loss, however, don't overlook maintenance of existing hair...........if you're a good responder you may be able to avoid another HT altogether.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks to all for the responses. That picture doesn't quite show the extent of my hair loss.

It is ver thin indeed,I'll try to produce a better one. As for maintenance I have been on Propecia for the last 7 months.I think I just completed the "shedding" phase which I hope is normal.A couple of doctors recommended 3000-4000 grafts in the frontal area and comb back as I do have some decent coverage in the vertex area.Hairline is all but gone though.My greatest concern with an HT is the scar itself.Will it feel odd for a long time or even permanently?