Shock loss

Hello all, this is my first posting here. I have been reading this forum for a while and I wish I would have known about it some time ago. My question is regarding shock loss?

Hello all, this is my first posting here. I have been reading this forum for a while and I wish I would have known about it some time ago. My question is regarding shock loss?

glajo,

Welcome to our forum community.

For starters, do you have any photos that might help us visualize your case?

Also, be sure to consult with your physician who can evaluate your case in person.

Shock loss in the donor area should be temporary unless in cases of infection such as necrosis.

Necrosis which can happen when the donor area is overtaxed during a single session by removing too wide of a trip causing the skin to stretch beyond its elasticity. The death of the cells in the affected area could result in a lack of hair regrowth.

"Shocked" hair typically grows back at a similar rate as the transplanted hair, so giving it a full year before evaluation is critical.

Feel free to post some photos to further illustrate your condition and keep us updated on your progress.

Best wishes,

Bill