Some doubts on FUE and Transplant

Hello Eveyone.

Iam planing to under go a FUE soon, intially 500 grafts, i have few queries on this.

1. How many days i would be having pain after the surgery?

2. Is it mandatory to use drugs like propecia after the surgery, if Don't i use, will i loose my transplanted hair?

Pls give me your inputs on this.

Hello Eveyone.

Iam planing to under go a FUE soon, intially 500 grafts, i have few queries on this.

1. How many days i would be having pain after the surgery?

2. Is it mandatory to use drugs like propecia after the surgery, if Don't i use, will i loose my transplanted hair?

Pls give me your inputs on this.

Hi KK,

1) This highly varies though you shouldn't experience much, if at all. For most, Tylenol 3 will take care of any discomfort. Personally, I didn't have any real pain. Just didn't want to bend over and touch my toes for the first several days icon_biggrin.gif

2) No, you don't have to use Propecia, Minoxidil or any hair care products after surgery. Propecia blocks DHT that attacks your male-pattern-baldness susceptible hair.....so, in effect, it helps you keep your MPB hair and may help you regrow some. Your transplanted hair is PERMANENT and will not fall out no matter what.

You may want to consider Propecia if you still have MPB hair on top of your head to help you keep it. I would also recommend you research the site for scalp and hair care products like Nioxin and Nizoral.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

KK, don't be misled. There is some pain after having a chunk of tissue removed from the back of your head. The procedure is painless because you will be completely numb. Your doc will probably give you Tylenol 3 or something like it. You may be like Hairbank and not need it. During the day you probably will not notice anything. At night, however; when trying to sleep is when the donor area can hurt. Use several pillows to prop your head up. After a few days you should be pain free.