is it my hair loss due to DHT

Hi,

I never used to lose hair till 22 years of age.I started using hair dye at the age of 22 years then dandruff started to accumulate on my head the hair fall started and within 3 years i lost 70% of my hair.In my family nobody is having bald head.Do u think that my bald ness is due to DHT? does rogaine works for me.?

What kind of treatment i should take..?

Hi,

I never used to lose hair till 22 years of age.I started using hair dye at the age of 22 years then dandruff started to accumulate on my head the hair fall started and within 3 years i lost 70% of my hair.In my family nobody is having bald head.Do u think that my bald ness is due to DHT? does rogaine works for me.?

What kind of treatment i should take..?

I would go and see a dermatologist, also I would see a HT doctor if one lived in my area (honest type that will tell you what going on...Dr.Feller comes to mind in the NYC or Dr.Cooley who is both a derm/HT doc and well respected in both areas). Remember a healthy scalp is crucial to maintaining and growing hair.

Hi

It could be a cause BUT the big question is:

Is the hair growing back once you stopped dying?

It could be a coincedence and your thinning just started at 22 years old which is when I started losing my hair.. I remember I thought is might be the shampoo or the vitamins I was taking..

Sometimes we think it's just something else but unfortuntely it's Male pattern baldness

See a doctor

Propcecia and Rogaine are the proven treatments these days that work

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

raj,

Welcome to our community. Seeing a dermatologist to confirm is good advice. If you are suffering from MPB (Male Pattern Baldness), the loss is related to DHT since certain hairs are genetically susceptible.

Certainly if you are suffering from MPB, it's advisable to get on finasteride and maybe minoxodil to try to combat the loss.

Hope this helps.

Bill