I'm Brand New Here....

I've been reading up on hair transplants for about 6 months now. I talked to the "consultant" at bosley about 3 months before i turned 21(i turned 21 about 2 months ago). I didn't care for him at all. Anyways, my question is...

#1 I know I'm young, but my hair is thinning, but doesn't seem to be getting any worse, am I too young?

#2 I live in metro detroit, anyone have any recommendations on who is a good Dr. somewhat around here? I'm willing to travel.

#3 If anyone could give me advice on just about anything I would greatly appreciate it so much.

I just started using propecia, so hopefully that will work because from what i understand they don't do work on that part till a person is like 30? am i correct? Thanks in advance.

I've been reading up on hair transplants for about 6 months now. I talked to the "consultant" at bosley about 3 months before i turned 21(i turned 21 about 2 months ago). I didn't care for him at all. Anyways, my question is...

#1 I know I'm young, but my hair is thinning, but doesn't seem to be getting any worse, am I too young?

#2 I live in metro detroit, anyone have any recommendations on who is a good Dr. somewhat around here? I'm willing to travel.

#3 If anyone could give me advice on just about anything I would greatly appreciate it so much.

I just started using propecia, so hopefully that will work because from what i understand they don't do work on that part till a person is like 30? am i correct? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you are correct. Most docs will agree that 21 is too young for HT's. Sure, you could find a doc that will operate on you, but not a good one with ethics. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but if you're losing hair at age 21, you will continue to lose more. Propecia can halt it or slow it down, but you are at the beginning stages of hairloss. I had work done on my hairline when I was in my early 20'sm and then I lost more hair behind that area. That forced me into to having more surgeries or I would have looked strange.

You can always email your pics to a few doctors and see what they have to say. Hang around, take your time, and read up. You'll find that everyone here is very helpful. Good luck.

hey bro i know how ya feel starting to lose your hair at such a young age. i started losing my hair around the same age. theres no easy way to deal with it. from the amount of threads that i have read from this site everyone will pretty much advise you on not getting a HT to early.you have limited donor hair. you could get shock loss from the HT. which means you could end up killing more hair follicles that surround your balding areas. some say you could end up worse or in the same perdicament. right now i'm taking 1.25 mgs propecia and minoxidal 2 x daily. i'm also gunna start using nizoral shampoo 2 x a week. hopefully it works cause i really don't wanna shave my dome.good luck with what ever you decide. roam around the board theres lots of useful info. later....