Research

Just out of interest, as an African American whose recently been hit severly with the balding stick I've found it quite strange to find that there is aparantly so little evidence of work on minorites.

HT sems quite taboo in the minority communities.

Is anyone on this forum an African American of know any who have had a proceedure done?

Just out of interest, as an African American whose recently been hit severly with the balding stick I've found it quite strange to find that there is aparantly so little evidence of work on minorites.

HT sems quite taboo in the minority communities.

Is anyone on this forum an African American of know any who have had a proceedure done?

Fresh,

How is that head, man? Still isn't healed up? Here are some examples of African-American surgical transplant procedures. You can find more at the Hair Transplant Network.

1400 Grafts:

1400_grafts_2s_Dr_Cohen.jpg

1500 Grafts:

1500_grafts_1s_Dr_Feller.jpg

1000 Grafts:

1000_grafts_1s_Dr_Feller.jpg

1000 Grafts:

1000_grafts_on_dark_skin_hair_transplants.jpg

1000_grafts_top_view_dark_skin_hair_transplants.jpg

850 Grafts:

850_grafts_1s_Dr_Epstein_transplant_surgeon.jpg

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 1 month later...

First off no I am not African American, however I think the reason it is not talked about or is less common, is well, AFrican American males tend to look A LOT better with shaved or bald heads then caucasions (i dont even know if i spelled it right) or white males. AFrican Americans can pull off this look and it often looks good, possibley even better than they might look with hair. As a result I'm very jealous lol, so this is my opinion as to why things are this way, they don't need a HT to look good, so why get one.