How to get Proscar if you have been prescribed Propecia?

Kid Funkadelic

Hello All,

I was recently prescribed Propecia by a doctor specializing in hair transplants. Being familiar with this website, I mentioned Proscar as a cost saving alternative, however, the doctor shut me down. Said it is not the same thing.

I was wondering how those of you who are currently using Proscar have gotten prescriptions for it? I thought the pharmacy could just substitute it for Propecia like they would any generic drug, and I could just cut it in 4's, but that is not the case.

Though the transplant surgeon refused me, I am thinking of asking my regular dermatologist if she could write me a prescription for it.

Has anyone else been refused by a doctor for Proscar?

Hello All,

I was recently prescribed Propecia by a doctor specializing in hair transplants. Being familiar with this website, I mentioned Proscar as a cost saving alternative, however, the doctor shut me down. Said it is not the same thing.

I was wondering how those of you who are currently using Proscar have gotten prescriptions for it? I thought the pharmacy could just substitute it for Propecia like they would any generic drug, and I could just cut it in 4's, but that is not the case.

Though the transplant surgeon refused me, I am thinking of asking my regular dermatologist if she could write me a prescription for it.

Has anyone else been refused by a doctor for Proscar?