new query about shockloss

Guest Pumpkinhole

Guest Pumpkinhole

does anyone know how far away hair has to be from a recipient site before being at risk of shockloss? if i were to transplant some grafts into my temple area, which is bald, i shouldn't have to worry about shockloss occuring in my crown area, should i?

just to give you a picture, i'm about a late norwood 2. my temples have receded a little bit, but i have no other hairloss. no diffuse thinning. isn't shockloss more likely to occurr when you transplant through an area?

Guest Pumpkinhole

does anyone know how far away hair has to be from a recipient site before being at risk of shockloss? if i were to transplant some grafts into my temple area, which is bald, i shouldn't have to worry about shockloss occuring in my crown area, should i?

just to give you a picture, i'm about a late norwood 2. my temples have receded a little bit, but i have no other hairloss. no diffuse thinning. isn't shockloss more likely to occurr when you transplant through an area?

I may have been in a similar situation. Also somewhere around NW2, and no hairloss. Wanted to fill in my temple areas. I went with FUE, and after the first session of 500 grafts I haven't noticed any shockloss (keep in mind that I'm only 1.5 months post-op). If you look at my pics, I had hair transplanted only in the bald temple areas, right next to the original hair. In my case there was no shockloss, but I know of one other person who went with 500 FUE, and observed shockloss in crown area (could be due to a different doc, or pre-op hairloss present).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Guest Pumpkinhole

how can i view your pics? i'd say i'm a late 2 on the scale.

my father is probably a norwood 5 or 6, but his balding pattern is the type a variation (where he loses the front, including the forelock). my mom's dad, had a hairline very similiar to mine - about a late 2, early 3 with a strong forelock, and no hairloss in the crown. my hope is that i stay where i am (my hairline hasn't moved since i was 19), and since i'm on proscar there's a chance it will. i'll get some pictures of myself up as soon as i get a digital camera.

Guest Pumpkinhole

i also prefer to wear my hear VERY short, so i plan to go with FUE. my donor area is very dense, but my coverage value is questionable. my hair/scalp contrast is low, but my hair is fine and fairly straight, so it might require a fair number of grafts to achieve decent coverage.

if the price of avodart were to come down, i'd take it instead of proscar. i don't mind the side effects people talk about, in fact, i would welcome the increased testosterone and extra energy. i'm an avid weight lifter and it might actually help me in the gym.