Shockloss and no regrowth

neverOld

I'm really worried..and depressed. Had my first TP the 7th 03. 1683 grafts in the temples and in the crown.

I was maybe a light NW 3V.

Since my TP I have had an extensive shock loss effect...Overall thinning on the top/crown, and the temples as well. It looks quite bad now.

After these four months I still have not noticed a single hair growing out in the temples.

On the top Im not able to see, but it doesnt look any better.

Anyway, I can feel itching in the recipient areas. This is supposed to be a good sign, isnt it?

I will appreciate comments icon_smile.gif

I'm really worried..and depressed. Had my first TP the 7th 03. 1683 grafts in the temples and in the crown.

I was maybe a light NW 3V.

Since my TP I have had an extensive shock loss effect...Overall thinning on the top/crown, and the temples as well. It looks quite bad now.

After these four months I still have not noticed a single hair growing out in the temples.

On the top Im not able to see, but it doesnt look any better.

Anyway, I can feel itching in the recipient areas. This is supposed to be a good sign, isnt it?

I will appreciate comments icon_smile.gif

I think the itching effect is good sign...that means your transplanted hair are growing. I am at 4 months now I am experience itching sensation as well. However, I am not totally sure. Hang in there. It's tough...I am still waiting for the miracle as well.

Actually,

There is no guarantee that that all of that shocked hair will return. There could be permanant loss of some.

I also notice after my 4th surgery 2.5 months post op my crown looks bigger too!

Hopefully it will fill in.

Are you on finisteride?

In 1998 I tried Finsasteride for 6-8 months. I felt my hairline maybe was thinning a little bit..

Finasteride made the hole head become thinner and started a thinning acceleration..

Stupid thing to do!

Im sure if I take fina again I will go bald in 6 months..

I too am being troubled by shockloss. I had my transplant aug 1st this year, so it's about month three for me.

I'm a 3V like yourself and yes I've seen pronounced thinning above my forehead ever since the surgery. Crown looks thinner for me as well (I had 80% of my grafts in the front, 20% in the back). It looks bad and I wonder if the surgery was a mistake. Every day I dread washing my hair because I get about 20+ hairs in my hands.

I also have the itchiness too.

On one hand I've heard that for most people the shockloss is temporary, if disconcerting. On the other hand I've heard that if the original hairs u have lost due to the TP were thin to begin with, they will not return.

Best thing I can do now is just sit tight and hope that my old hair starts coming back. I actually had transplants coming in since two weeks ago (2.5 months post op) but the shock hair has yet to make any real come back.

This is my second TP btw (first 1000 grafts, second 1000 grafts) - and I remember that it wasn't until 6 months post-op that I saw significant improvement of my hair density to be really satisfied.

Either way though I think it's still too early at 3 or even 4 months to make a judgement on how the TP has turned out. I think there are a lot of people who go through this stage of "oh man, maybe that wasn't such a good idea." Nature will do what it always does, so just let the results bear out and try not to let it get you down in the meantime.

I think this is of great interest to a lot of people, even if it is anecdotal - so i encourage all of us to post at our 6+ month post-op to see how things have progressed (hopefully not regressed!!).

best of luck to everyone!

Im wondering if the front/temples are growing slower than the crown.. I think I may have read that somewhere.

Anyway, for me its easy to follow the progress in the front, because my hair is appr. 4 inches length. Any new hairs will be easy to spot. The density is only have of what it was before the TP.