Struggling with hair loss problem

Hi everyone,

I am a 35 year old woman who has been straggling with hair loss for the last few years.

My hair loss frequency is become higher from few days. I discussed about this problem with one of my friend. She told me it will become serious problem and it will even affect my beauty. I am very upset, and looking for good advice to get rid of Hair Loss problem. I m hoping you can help me?

Hi everyone,

I am a 35 year old woman who has been straggling with hair loss for the last few years.

My hair loss frequency is become higher from few days. I discussed about this problem with one of my friend. She told me it will become serious problem and it will even affect my beauty. I am very upset, and looking for good advice to get rid of Hair Loss problem. I m hoping you can help me?

Okay dear, This is major emotional. I know.

Have you considered your friends motives? Sometime your best friends can be cruel--hate to say it but it, makes them feel better ...

I had a "best" friend say to me that I would need to do something within 5 years or my perfect hair would be gone....Well the transplant fast fowarded that. I'll bet you have it all over your "friend". In many ways.

Women need to be extra careful with this. Plan on 6 months of research and competent advice here before doing anything . Otherwise you might really get into trouble.

There are very few doctors that wouldn't cater to your ever whim , pay their mortgage, scar you up and abandon you.

Your gonna get educated here : ). Try to relax kiddo.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Hi everyone,

Know the Characteristics & Causes of Female Hair Loss

This Information is for those women who have been searching for smart tips on hair Loss. Hair baldness can be termed as a major problem for women. In this case women see thinning of their hair which is a bit different from the pattern baldness as seen in men.

Causes of this female baldness?

Women suffer from the problem usually after menopause though it can occur even in teenage. It may be due to some illness, hormonal imbalance or some disease. However, heredity is the main cause of female pattern baldness in most cases. Female pattern baldness is caused by the presence of a male hormone called testosterone in female body. Testosterone is caused by androgen hormone. The production of androgenetic hormones and its effect on hair follicles can be termed as the main reason.

Female pattern hair loss characteristics

Normally women tend to lose around 100-125 hairs per day, which is normal. The condition is apparently serious when the hair loss frequency is higher.

In female pattern baldness hair starts thinning over the top and front of the head. It is seen that the hair loss may genetically come from the family of either father or mother.

Female pattern baldness can also occur after pregnancy. In some cases it is seen after discontinuation of birth control pills. It is often accompanied by other signs of hormonal imbalance like excess facial and body hair.

Diagnosis should be done by a trained and experienced surgeon only. After a proper diagnosis by the physician, the patient should go through a proper treatment. However it takes months to have some effect on hair. Hair transplantation is a popular surgical method used in the case of female pattern baldness.

Reference:

http://www.femalepatternbaldness.com/

Catherine,

Welcome to our community.

the patient should go through a proper treatment.

Everything you wrote sounded good until I got to this part...it was a little vague.

What are some of the "proper" (in other words, useful) treatments that are available to women who suffer from hair loss? I'm sure this information would be useful for women reading this.

Clearly hair transplantation MIGHT be an option, however, there are cases where it's not an option, nor is it maybe the BEST option.

Anticipating your feedback,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, icon_smile.gif

We all have gone through the ringer in searching for medicinal treatments to treat our Hair Loss. Hair loss is a critical problem for several women, especially the ones who have achieved a certain age. This disease makes women have baldness in a bit similar pattern as men have in male pattern baldness. It can start even in teenage. I think we all have our own questions and doubts on hair baldness, there's nothing silly about that. Normally women tend to lose around 100-125 hairs per day, which is normal. The condition is apparently serious when the hair loss frequency is higher. We should have a proper knowledge of Hair loss because it takes serious problem and affect the beauty of women. When I search on baldness on the net I found a site which has valuable information about female baldness. For more info please visit: - www.femalepatternbaldness.com. icon_wink.gif

Jennifer,

Yes, hair loss can effect women at any age, but it is much more typical in later years than earlier.

Hair loss in women can be answered similarly as to why men lose their hair. De-hydro Testosterone (DHT) is the primary cause of genetic hairloss (Androgenetic Alopecia). Whereas men are affected more commonly because of men have more testosterone, some women can be impacted if their testosterone levels are increased.

That being said, it is possible that some medications or hormonal treatments that increase testosterone may result in thinning of or loss of hair.

They are certainly many other medical reasons why men and women can lose their hair. Since I am not a doctor, I couldn't give you a list, but one cause is Telogen Effluvium. More information posted by Dr. Bill Rassman can be found here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=153192

Do you have any specifics about your situation you want to share with us?

Bill