Ht is not an illusion

TedGroves

Okay, this may sound trivial, but it's been bugging me, so I thought I'd sound off.

Numerous times I have seen people refer to an HT as an "illusion", i.e. "A good HT does not give you back your old hairline, but rather creates an illusion of a full head of hair."

That's a load of crap. An illusion is pretend, it means you see something that really isn't there. A good HT is there. The hair is there. Sure, it isn't your original hair, it is just replacement hair from elsewhere on your scalp, which is the same difference.

A good HT is not an illusion. It is real, growing hair growing naturally on your head. I've seen some damn good HT's and to call them an illusion is a joke.

The hair is either there or it isn't. If we can see it, it is there. Doesn't matter what route it took to get there. And a person either appears to have a full head of hair or he doesn't. A full head of hair is not an illusion. Is it as thick as before he lost it? No. But does it matter? No. The bottom line is the thickness can be way down from the original product and still look the same. Kind of like the difference between driving a Porsche and a Chevy. One is considered to be much more, but in reality they both peroform the same function, getting you from point A to Point B.

A good HT performs a basic function: To put more hair on the top of your head and cover bald spots. End of story. If it is done properly, it is quite real, certainly not an illusion.

So quit calling it a damn illusion. When my kid pulls my hair, it hurts. That ain't no illusion, folks.

Okay, this may sound trivial, but it's been bugging me, so I thought I'd sound off.

Numerous times I have seen people refer to an HT as an "illusion", i.e. "A good HT does not give you back your old hairline, but rather creates an illusion of a full head of hair."

That's a load of crap. An illusion is pretend, it means you see something that really isn't there. A good HT is there. The hair is there. Sure, it isn't your original hair, it is just replacement hair from elsewhere on your scalp, which is the same difference.

A good HT is not an illusion. It is real, growing hair growing naturally on your head. I've seen some damn good HT's and to call them an illusion is a joke.

The hair is either there or it isn't. If we can see it, it is there. Doesn't matter what route it took to get there. And a person either appears to have a full head of hair or he doesn't. A full head of hair is not an illusion. Is it as thick as before he lost it? No. But does it matter? No. The bottom line is the thickness can be way down from the original product and still look the same. Kind of like the difference between driving a Porsche and a Chevy. One is considered to be much more, but in reality they both peroform the same function, getting you from point A to Point B.

A good HT performs a basic function: To put more hair on the top of your head and cover bald spots. End of story. If it is done properly, it is quite real, certainly not an illusion.

So quit calling it a damn illusion. When my kid pulls my hair, it hurts. That ain't no illusion, folks.

Someone...needs a timeout..or some Xanax...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???