After the Graphcyte runs out...

Neptune

I've done a search and found many different answers to this. Is pure non alcohol aloe vera good to use? I've heard of epson salt water, saline, aloe and vit. E gel.

I don't want to put anything on the grafts that will suffocate them or harm them. Is that possible with any of the above gels anyway? Thanks for any advice you have to offer guys!

I've done a search and found many different answers to this. Is pure non alcohol aloe vera good to use? I've heard of epson salt water, saline, aloe and vit. E gel.

I don't want to put anything on the grafts that will suffocate them or harm them. Is that possible with any of the above gels anyway? Thanks for any advice you have to offer guys!

Hello Neptune,

I think each one of the products you mentioned has the potential to be beneficial in one way or another.

I used epsom salts/saline solution for about the first 7-10 days. I felt this was a good way to keep the area clean and it really felt good!

I had no scabs on the recipient site, but I did have some white crusting that I didn't really notice until about 8-10 days. I found that vitamin E liquid caused these crusts to almost melt away (with minimal massage). This was smelly and messy but I was able to shampoo it away very easily.

I used the aloe gel on my donor site to help remove and prevent scabs from forming there.

By the way, I also used the Graphcyte spray you mentioned b/c it was provided to me by Dr. Cooley.

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog