Advice Needed

Have just registered but have been lurking around this forum for about a month or so doing research ect. I am a NW 2.5 with diffuse thinning on the frontal third of scalp. After weighing up all the available options I have decided that FUE is my best choice, though I havn't decided on which doc yet.

I had a telephone consultation with the GHO clinic last week. My concern is that they don't show any photos of their previous work on the web site. Also, when I asked if they could put me in touch with any previous patients they said 'no', stating confidentiality.

So my question is, how important is it to view a docs previous work and would I be foolish to have a procedure with them without doing so. Also, what do you guys think of their policy of not showing before and after photos on their web site.

Thanks.

Have just registered but have been lurking around this forum for about a month or so doing research ect. I am a NW 2.5 with diffuse thinning on the frontal third of scalp. After weighing up all the available options I have decided that FUE is my best choice, though I havn't decided on which doc yet.

I had a telephone consultation with the GHO clinic last week. My concern is that they don't show any photos of their previous work on the web site. Also, when I asked if they could put me in touch with any previous patients they said 'no', stating confidentiality.

So my question is, how important is it to view a docs previous work and would I be foolish to have a procedure with them without doing so. Also, what do you guys think of their policy of not showing before and after photos on their web site.

Thanks.

RUN!!!!

Don't even consider going somewhere that will not show you pictures of previous work, nor allow you to meet patients.

Any reputable doctor will allow you to meet past patients, and confidentiality is not an issue. The doctor simply makes contact with the patient on your behalf and arranges the meeting. The patient never has to have direct contact with you until they agree to waive confidentiality.

My guess is that Gho simply doesn't want you to see his previous work, and there's a reason for that.

If you don't want to travel all the way to the US, you may try to find out when some of the better doctors will be in Europe. I know my doc, Paul Rose, travels to Europe for procedures from time to time, and I know that others do as well.

Tedd

Consider Rose also. He did a great job with me, and he is a member of the Shapiro group, one of the most respected in the HT industry. He is now also performing FUE, and goes to Europe as well. I know he was in Greece back in July, but I'm not sure if he goes elsewhere in Europe or not.

Tedd