I have to slow down.. and think of i'm taking the right stuff..

Anonymous

Ever since i've noticed my hair loss, thining in hong kong, i've gone crazy, i've been taking everything that people told me could POSSIBLLY help me stop the hair loss.. even regrow my loss hair..

I don't know what i'm doing guys.. i'm going to try and order propecia right now but other than that, i'm confused as hell.

This is what i'm taking..

1.Zinc 50 mg once a day.

2.Multivitamin once a day.

3.Tienma and Shou Wu (Gastrodia)- It's a chinese pill that supposedly helps regrow loss hair.. its popular so i've heard. 3 times a day.

4.Vitamin C - 4 times a day.

Wash hair with baby Shampoo.. 3 times a week..

Does ANY of this stuff work?????? I know its pretty basic stuff but i'm just taking whatever people tell me is good. Next up, i'm thinking about taking Sesame Tea, chinese tea that's supposed to cure hair loss as well...

Tell me if any of this stuff is useful guys.. i haven't seen any results, i've been taking all of those for about 1 month now. Can anyone tell me if any of its useful...

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

Ever since i've noticed my hair loss, thining in hong kong, i've gone crazy, i've been taking everything that people told me could POSSIBLLY help me stop the hair loss.. even regrow my loss hair..

I don't know what i'm doing guys.. i'm going to try and order propecia right now but other than that, i'm confused as hell.

This is what i'm taking..

1.Zinc 50 mg once a day.

2.Multivitamin once a day.

3.Tienma and Shou Wu (Gastrodia)- It's a chinese pill that supposedly helps regrow loss hair.. its popular so i've heard. 3 times a day.

4.Vitamin C - 4 times a day.

Wash hair with baby Shampoo.. 3 times a week..

Does ANY of this stuff work?????? I know its pretty basic stuff but i'm just taking whatever people tell me is good. Next up, i'm thinking about taking Sesame Tea, chinese tea that's supposed to cure hair loss as well...

Tell me if any of this stuff is useful guys.. i haven't seen any results, i've been taking all of those for about 1 month now. Can anyone tell me if any of its useful...

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

ok, the chinese one's have no claims.. but can ANYONE tell me if Zinc, vitamin C, and multivitamins do ANYTHING for my hair? Thanks in advance..

I think anyone who has experienced hair loss will have gone through this phase - trying to find the reasons why it's happening and hoping that it can be overcome by good diet, vitamins, etc.

The reality is that attention to these details will be of benefit to your health but will not necessarily stop your hairloss. I think you should concentrate on holding on to your existing hair (by using Propecia) and see how that goes. In a few years a transplant may be appropriate but in the meantime relax and don't panic.

As someone who statrted going bald at age 19 (I,m now 39), I know how utterly futile it is to waste the best years of your life worrying about your hair. I wish that Propecia (and the Internet) had been around when I started to lose hair.

So take it from an older hand who's been though what you're currently going through. Take your Propecia, get on with your life, relax and enjoy everything else life has to offer. If, in a couple of years you find you still need a transplant, come back to this forum to find out the best way of going about it.

While you might find this difficult to appreciate, I really wish I was in your position.

M

you'll do what you want, but here's my opinion on the whole thing. If anything was truly successful regrowing hair - it would be the best selling product on earth - the guy would probably be ten times richer than Bill Gates. Nothing like that exists. The best thing out there is Propecia (and Duasteride I guess). You can also have some success with Rogaine. Other than that I would save my money for the only thing that will get your hair back in the front - hair transplant. As far as Propecia, one month is not enough to see the results - wait a year or so, and save your money.

If you still want to waste some money on useless stuff - go and check out www.hairlosshelp.com forums - you'll find plenty of 'miracle' cures there, to keep you occupied and in denial for the next decade.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

massive hairloss or not... just counted the # of hairs on my pillow from last night..22.. should i be worried? What would be considered massive hairloss.... thanks again.. you guys here helped me a lot so far..i already ordered proscar.

Anonymous,

I agree with Arfy as far as counting hairs, and I think it's a bad idea. I can lose a lot of hairs in the shower/pillow/hairbrush, but what is most important is how you are actually thinning. At the risk of sounding like a rocket scientist, if you're noticing thinning then you're probably thinning. If you're losing a bunch of hairs and not noticing thinning then don't worry. I wish I knew this 10 years ago. The most important thing is your actual regression/thinning, not counting hairs on the pillow. While I know it's hard to do, I would try not to be too concerned with individual hair loss counts.

Good luck.

Manko

I take the approach that even if 1/4 Proscar everyday doesn't grow one hair BUT it stops further loss it is worth taking.

Something may come along one day that will regrow hair, but for now I keep taking Proscar and hope to hold onto as much original hair while my HT grows in over the next year.