Quick question on rogaine and procepia

calthraco

Hi Guys, have been reading this site for a little while but have just joined up. Just wanted some advice on whether rogaine and procepia are really suitable options for me.

I'm 19 and have experienced only very mild hair loss thus far (slight receding of the hairline at the temples, no loss at the crown and hair still evenly covered and thick). However i still wish to adress the problem early as i hear it is the best way of acheiving lasting results. The problem is ive read that rogaine and procepia are only fda approved to treat hair loss of the crown and mid-scalp regions. As it stands, it is only the my hairline that troubles me.

Even if these medications will supposedly not help undo some of the receding, will they stop it from receding further? Or will these drugs be of little use to me until i have begun to experience hair loss on mid-scalp and crown regions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Propecia can stop you hairloss and stabilize it and rogaine can do the same. Both may provide some little regrowth but it varies. At your stage, you are the best candidate for these meds because you do not need to have dense regrowth..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

rogaine stopped my hair loss dead! only wish i used it sooner!! my was falling out at 19 and i bought rogaine and lost interest in using it after a month thinkin to myself sure im not to bad?? couple of years later i was wearin hats as my hair was thin and unworkable for styling.. if u make a decission to use propecia or rogaine remember u have to use it every day for life, no half arsed efforts! its a routine ul have to adjust 2 like brushing ur teeth.. like mrjb said ur a perfect candidate for these meds.. start now if ur precious about ur hair thats left and wanna keep it.. do some research on the two product to see what u prefer, both have there pros and cons.. some people take both but u dont need to if u catch it quick enough

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

thanks alot for the advice guys

took special note of what you said petesman, the whole 'oh its not really that bad, i can wait' mentality. thats probably my biggest danger. think ill probably go the rogaine (though will research a bit further first) as it i dont need a prescription and seems a little less extreme. anywho once again thanks for the advice

glad i could help,, rogaine deffo has less side effects, can make hair a bit greasy tho but there are ways around that 2,, remember ur on it for life and expect a little shedding at the start but dont worry theyl grow back.. its a pain at the start but once u see results ul look forward to applying it.. read my post called 'my 2 tips' tip 1 helps with stopping rogaine build up

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

just been doing a bit of further reading on peoples experiences with rogaine and ive received the impression that for those people where rogaine was not effective and they quit, that their hair loss almost seemed to be accelerated after they stopped using it as opposed to just continued loss at the previous rate.

am i wrong in getting this impression, or is this just a risk one takes if rogaine were to fail?

usually u will shed some hair in the first few months,, this is a good sign that the med is reacting.. these hairs wil grow back... rogaine will stop ur hair loss, if for example u used it everyday for 2 year and didnt notice any regrowth but did notice u havnt lost any thats a result! some people expect much more from these products and quit resulting in the loss of hairs rogaine was keeping strong.. but saying that everyone in different and reacts differently to meds,, keep researching!

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

From my understanding, once you start rogaine you have to stay on it to keep the effects. Once you stop it doesn't speed up hairloss, it just undoes all the good it did. Basically, it seems like it is accelerated loss, but its just going to what you would have been at if you had not been using the rogaine.