how many times are you supposed to shed when on rogaine or propecia?

Anonymous

Hey everyone, I apologize for all the new topics. It's just that I've been noticing more hair loss than usual over the past 4 weeks and am clueless as to why. I'm at exactly the two year mark with rogaine and propecia and have already experienced the shedding phase when I first started taking rogaine. Should I still be shedding? I've been continuously using rogaine twice a day and taking proscar (split) once a night. I was assuming that if it wasn't shedding, it was that proscar was losing its effectiveness. So is this just a shedding phase?

any help appreciated

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

Hey everyone, I apologize for all the new topics. It's just that I've been noticing more hair loss than usual over the past 4 weeks and am clueless as to why. I'm at exactly the two year mark with rogaine and propecia and have already experienced the shedding phase when I first started taking rogaine. Should I still be shedding? I've been continuously using rogaine twice a day and taking proscar (split) once a night. I was assuming that if it wasn't shedding, it was that proscar was losing its effectiveness. So is this just a shedding phase?

any help appreciated

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

Hard to say, but some guys do seem to report periodic shedding... yearly sheds, that kind of thing (seasonal). It can be a re-ocurring battle for some guys.

I could only guess if that's your situation, but it seems reasonable to guess that it;s either a shed or you're building up a tolerance to the meds. I would hang on for another few weeks and see if it subsides.

Have you recently gone from 2% to 5% Minoxidil, or switched brands maybe? Any changes to your regimine (adding a new treatment), or even lifestyle (big diet maybe?) Those kinds of changes can sometimes trigger a shed if you're unlucky.