Hair cut post op

I am 5 days post of from 1700 to the midscalp and hair line. I had a decent amount of hair pre op, enough where it covers up most the scabs. My question... I want to buzz my whole head (top included) to match the length of the newly transplanted hairs. When is this safe to do?

I am 5 days post of from 1700 to the midscalp and hair line. I had a decent amount of hair pre op, enough where it covers up most the scabs. My question... I want to buzz my whole head (top included) to match the length of the newly transplanted hairs. When is this safe to do?

Morenewhair, do not cut your hair. Eventually you will lose those transplanted hair. I feel you have a perfect situation, where your native hair can cover the transplanted. Wait two months and decide. Once you cut it, thats it. So take your time...........

thing is, i dont want anyone to notice, and if a lady friend of mine were to touch my hair, i'd have 1700 small grafts under a bunch of long native hair.. not normal. i think i'd rather shave it all down to even out. what do you think?

morenewhair1,

I did exactly the same thing. I shaved my entire head, top and sides to match after my HT. Of course, my recipient area was already shaved after my third HT so I didn't have to touch the top.

Blowdry is right that you should consider the fact that your transplanted hairs will shed between 2-4 weeks.

Additionally if you do decide to shave your head, wait at least 10 days or whenever all of the scabs are gone, whichever comes last.

Best wishes,

Bill