density

Belgiumdude

Hi guys, i was just reading teddw2s's hair transplant experience and he told his original density was 82 grafts/cm2 and he got an HT of 45 g/cm2.

So my questions are:

- is the original density you have the same over the entire area? ( top, crown, back... )

- does the doc first see what density you have before discussing the density you would like in your transplanted area? ( because some guys are doing 90gr/cm2 in one session, but if your original density is less, it would be a little odd to go higher )

Greetz.

Pictures of my hairloss can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiumdude2004/

Hi guys, i was just reading teddw2s's hair transplant experience and he told his original density was 82 grafts/cm2 and he got an HT of 45 g/cm2.

So my questions are:

- is the original density you have the same over the entire area? ( top, crown, back... )

- does the doc first see what density you have before discussing the density you would like in your transplanted area? ( because some guys are doing 90gr/cm2 in one session, but if your original density is less, it would be a little odd to go higher )

Greetz.

Pictures of my hairloss can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiumdude2004/

Hey Belgiumdude

I can only talk about my own experience, and in that, Dr. Rose did examine my donor area density to come up with the 82/ cm^2 figure, but I am not sure if that number would be consistent throughout the donor area. He only looked in the area where he would be taking hair from.

As for the dense packing question, I have always wondered about the logic of this. Since it only takes about 40 grafts per cm^2 to give the appearance of coverage, why would you want to go much higher than this? It would seem anything higher would only be wasting donor hair, not to mention that it simply does not look natural if you continue to lose hair in other areas.

In the method that Dr. Rose used for my transplant, even if I continue to lose hair, it will simply appear diffusely thinning, not patchy, so by doing a lower density, he planned for potential future loss much better than those who dense pack the frontal area. But by going with less density, my hair will look good whether I keep what I've got or if I continue to thin. And at age 32, I just don't know what the future holds.