Dr. Bluford Stough?

i just felt like googling tonight.

heres a BIO:

Blu Stough

In the early 1960s Dr. Stough heard that a dermatologist in New York City, Norman Orentreich, was transplanting hair. He thought this procedure could not only help him with his own MPB, but might also be an important adjunct to his practice. After two or three visits to Dr. Orentreich's office, Dr. Robert Berger performed the first transplants on him, and he returned to Hot Springs, Arkansas, ready to begin his own transplanting practice, beginning with several local physicians who were anxiously awaiting his help.

By the early 1970s he began teaching the technique, organizing the first hair transplant symposium sponsored by the ASDS (of which he was one of the original founders) and the American Academy of Facial, Plastic, and Reconstructive Surgery in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Subsequently he chaired at least a dozen more hair restoration symposia that were the breeding ground of many of the next wave of hair transplant surgeons. Physicians came from around the world to learn the latest developments in the technique at these conferences.

His list of honors is long and includes the presidency of the American Association of Cosmetic Surgeons, as well as membership at one time or another on the boards of virtually all of the dermatologic surgery societies. His son, Dr. Dow Stough, who worked with him in private practice for a number of years, has in turn become one of the most influential members of the community of hair restoration surgeons.

i saw some old links in this forum talking about him but they could not be accessed.

from this read, dr bluford stowe is pretty old now if he was working in the 70s on HT stuff.

cas

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

New York,

Under the "Find" button, select "Advanced Search" and utilize the keyword search for past posts that refer to both Dr. Bluford Stough and Dr. Dow Stough.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog