question about Dr choice.

I am hoping you guys and give me some comments. I am trying to make my final decision on Dr's. I have meet with Reed , Deyarmen ( before the controversy) and Mayer who is not listed in the coalition,

Deyarmen and Reed were both pretty consistent in their recommendation. Both recommend about 2200 grafts.

I then visited with Mayer who said that 1200-1500 is plenty to fill in the hair line and that adding more to the top and crown at this point would be a waste and it would not appear any denser. I have good coverage on the top right now and I was thinking it was more like preventive measures to fill it in. But Mayer was concerned I might actually lose more from shock loss than I would gain.

I have two friends who have used Mayer and are very pleased with the results. I have not ever meet anyone who has used reed. Although I have read everything I could find on this site about him.

I have noticed that the number of posts about reed is somewhat limited but all positive. And no comments on Mayer.

I have attached a few pic taken by the DR.

I have looked at the pictures on this site of Reeds work and it appears to me that all of the patients have much worse hair loss then me but yet they have less graphs then reed is recommending.

I am confused!!

I would appreciate any comments you may have on the choice of DR, number or grafts or anything else.

Thanks.

1.jpg.eb40ec77a8fc977aa6f68e9574875908.jpg

I am hoping you guys and give me some comments. I am trying to make my final decision on Dr's. I have meet with Reed , Deyarmen ( before the controversy) and Mayer who is not listed in the coalition,

Deyarmen and Reed were both pretty consistent in their recommendation. Both recommend about 2200 grafts.

I then visited with Mayer who said that 1200-1500 is plenty to fill in the hair line and that adding more to the top and crown at this point would be a waste and it would not appear any denser. I have good coverage on the top right now and I was thinking it was more like preventive measures to fill it in. But Mayer was concerned I might actually lose more from shock loss than I would gain.

I have two friends who have used Mayer and are very pleased with the results. I have not ever meet anyone who has used reed. Although I have read everything I could find on this site about him.

I have noticed that the number of posts about reed is somewhat limited but all positive. And no comments on Mayer.

I have attached a few pic taken by the DR.

I have looked at the pictures on this site of Reeds work and it appears to me that all of the patients have much worse hair loss then me but yet they have less graphs then reed is recommending.

I am confused!!

I would appreciate any comments you may have on the choice of DR, number or grafts or anything else.

Thanks.

Hello, I would continue to research your options and not limit yourself geographically.

H&W in Vancouver

Dr. Gabel in Washington

Dr. Alexander & Keene in Arizona...

would all be great places to continue your research.

Of course, I recommend consulting with Dr. Shapiro as well, but all of the other docs I mentioned are out on the West coast and do a great job.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

You should consider giving Dr. Alexander in Phoenix a call. Peice of cake flight from CA and I think he could do an amazing job for you. You also look to be a great candidate for some amazing results. Here's two patients of his who seem to have similar situations as your

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=displayal...deshow&x_startwith=1

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/256...=633108998#633108998