Donor Hair Question?

I'm just wondering how many total grafts does a person have? And how does the donor scale work? I'd say I'm definitely above average, probably good or even very good. Just want to get an idea of how many total graftes I have to work with...

Cheers,

danger

I'm just wondering how many total grafts does a person have? And how does the donor scale work? I'd say I'm definitely above average, probably good or even very good. Just want to get an idea of how many total graftes I have to work with...

Cheers,

danger

Guest Pumpkinhole

the number of available grafts for hair transplantation varies a lot based on many factors. the two biggest are probably density and scalp laxity (not ascertainable by pinching your skin, and totally different from elasticity). but even after you've been given a reliable number that is still not the end of it. simply stated, a grafts coverage value varies considerably from one person to the next. sometimes you hear that referred to as shaft diameter, texture, et al. another variable (which may turn out to be extremely important) is whether fue or fit is a viable option for you. with the strip method, you're somewhat limited in the number of transplantable grafts because of the nature of strip harvesting and the healing properties of the donor area. if fue/fit proves viable, it may obviate those problems enabling the ht surgeon to harvest grafts over a significantly greater area throughout the donor area - possibly even from other areas of the body.