Switching to Dermatch from Toppik

After using Toppik for quite some time now, I am going to switch to Dermatch to see if the results are any better. I ordered my first batch yesterday.

Robert's research in this topic peaked my interest. If for nothing else, the messiness and ease of use factor. Some days I skip the Toppik and just throw on a hat because it is a little inconvenient.

I will give you all my opinion once I try it out.

PerfectFew

PerfectFew

Dermatch actually work quite well, if you have enough hair. I guess that's the case with any concealers though. Here's the trick:

1. apply it. dry your hair. you will probably have a chalky look to your hair.

2. wet you hair again and towel dry it. it will take off the excess, and your hair will have a shine to it again when it's dry.

I got my Dermatch yesterday (First Class Mail - 4 days).

It took me 15 minutes to apply it and it was not nearly as messy as Toppik. I took your advice about wetting and towel drying after applying. It worked great. The color match for me (dark-brown) is almost perfect. The key thing about this product is to stay back from the hairline when using the applicator and don't apply too much. Once you comb it through, it really fills in nicely.

So far, I give this product 2 thumbs up.

PerfectFew

PerfectFew

It only gets better as you go, PerfectFew, because you will get better at applying it.

For those "special occasions" try sprinkling on a little Toppik after the Dermatch (but go easy). I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog