134 Days Post Op Results - Dr. Ken Siporin

Here is an update of my results since my surgery date of 12/29/08 with Dr. Ken Siporin in CA. I wanted to take some pics at the 90 day mark but got busy and I also just tried to forget about it, as I was always checking it out in the mirror LOL....

Overall I am VERY pleased with the results so far! Finally cut my hair last week to match better.

I have been using the Rogaine liquid Costco generic brand religiously in the morning and again at night. Tried the Foam as well, either one was fine for me, the Liquid seemed easier for me though, maybe due to the fact my hair is already wet when I use it icon_wink.gif

On 1/11/09 I also started taking Proscar and smashing the 5mg tablets into powder and took .50mg for the first 30 days then I went up to .75mg for 60 days, and now I am cutting the tablets into 4 quarters, so I am at 1.25mg daily. I did it this way to be sure I had no side effects, and I will say that not only did I NOT have side effects, I would argue to say that it has actually helped my "member" perform better icon_smile.gif.

I also have been using Folligen Solution Therapy Spray diluted 100% (1to1 ratio) with Georges 100% Aloe Vera liquid and spray this on my scalp after a few minutes after I apply the Rogaine. ProCyte is just to expensive and Folligen is just as good.

Note: I always applied the Rogaine AFTER i wet my hair first, this seems to work well for me and then style my hair (comb), then brush my teeth then apply the Folligen spray (morning ritual) in the evening I would shower, apply Roagine, then shave, then apply the Folligen spray.

Supplements for the first 120 days:

MSM 1gram, 3times daily

Good daily Multivitamin

Other:

Make Me Heal Plastic Surgery Healing Multinutrient Kit (Pre & Post-Op Formulas)

Shampoo for first 120 days: I used the Folligen shampoo and conditioner (I don't like the Folligen conditioner) but I believe in the copper peptides and consider it important, ProCyte GraftCyte Post surgical shampoo and conditioner is another more expensive brand to use. I now use Pantene Pro V Volume Conditioner. I now will be using both Revita or Nioxin shampoo and occasional Nizoral with 1% Ketoconazole from time to time.

I think I got everything, but I may have forgotten something?

Hope this helps someone else.

rjnebbo,

I'm pleased to hear that you are pleased with your progress so far from your hair transplant with Dr. Siporin.

You are still early on in your process so I expect a lot more for growth for you in the coming months.

I hope you'll keep us posted on your progress.

Bill