Dr. Mark Distefano

I know that Telephone Man had his HT done by Dr. DiStefano about a year ago. He recently posted pics and I thought his HT looked quite good. Here's the link:

Telephone Man

I'm assuming you're in New England; I had my HT done last November by Dr. Robert Leonard. I think he did an OK job but the hairline, low number of grafts and subsequent density has been a bit of a disappointment. I'm hoping to do a second HT this year and will probably not be going back to Dr. Leonard for any additional treatment.

Good luck. FS

Thanks for the responses. I'm a little concerned about my donor scar. Its been almost two months and its still really visible. The scar line is very very pink. Also the back of my head is still really numb. Any idea if this is normal at this stage? At this rate I won't be able to go back to the barber for another year. I will post pics when I am ready. I'm curious to see others scar lines. Hearing people say their scar is invisible within the first month makes me wonder what is my problem or if the doc did something wrong.

At two months, I believe it's still early to see any substantive changes in the donor scar. I know the topic has come up a lot in the Forum and you should do a search for it.

As for the numbness, I'm still feeling it after almost 4 months. Everything that I've read on here seems to imply that this is normal and that the numbness typically goes away after 6 - 8 months or earlier depending on the person.

FS

Slippage,

Thanks for the support. Its so hard to be patient and not play devils advocate with yourself and think of the worse to come. Sometimes coming on here and reading some of the horror stories and the miracles that happen are bad for some people. I was dissapointed with my one month follow up with the clinic because I wasn't given any support such as "wow its healing great" or anything....all I got was silence from both the doc and techs....which leads me to believe its not going that great. Its BS if you ask me.

Eric 123

My experience at the clinic was very good, I found the doc and staff to be very concerned about any questions or concerns I had.

I have posted my scar pics for everyone to see along with 12month updates. As you are only 1 month out from the procedure time is what is needed. Hairhope also had a recent procedure by Dr. Distefano so check out his posts as well.

TMAN