SHOCK LOSS

I had 500 grafts on a receding hairline about 7 weeks ago, but have experienced even more loss since than around that area of existing hair. I think (not sure) that this may be attributed to shock loss. Obviously I havent had any growth from the HT yet but what I really would like to know is, is it commonplace to experience shock loss and how much loss is "normal" and will it grow back and if so how long will it take??? can anyone help or put my mind at ease??? icon_biggrin.gif

I had 500 grafts on a receding hairline about 7 weeks ago, but have experienced even more loss since than around that area of existing hair. I think (not sure) that this may be attributed to shock loss. Obviously I havent had any growth from the HT yet but what I really would like to know is, is it commonplace to experience shock loss and how much loss is "normal" and will it grow back and if so how long will it take??? can anyone help or put my mind at ease??? icon_biggrin.gif

my shock loss never grew back. my doctor did'nt informed me about this before my surgery. if i only knew about this risk i would'nt have got it done as early. i heard from another doctor that if you were going to eventually or naturally lose the shock hair loss within 6 months it is most likely not to grow back. i hope this is not your case. good luck, bro.

Shock Loss is a well known symptom with the HT process (do a search on Shock Loss on this sight and you will see many many posts).

I had tremendous shock loss after my first HT. Most of the hairs I lost were hairs that I would have eventually lost anyway do to normal genetic hair loss...but the firs HT quickened that process.

Happily to say, that I went through my second HT process in March (little over a month now), and did not experience much if any Shock Loss to hairs received from my first HT. I started using Rogaine several months prior to the second HT on recommendation from my Dr.

Midnite