Propecia or Rogaine needed after a HT

webpro

Hi Everyone,

If you never used propecia or Rogaine, and you happen to do a HT (Class 5A) . Do you need to take Propecia or Rogaine after the HT.

is it better to take it, or just let the hair grow.

thanks

webpro

Hi Everyone,

If you never used propecia or Rogaine, and you happen to do a HT (Class 5A) . Do you need to take Propecia or Rogaine after the HT.

is it better to take it, or just let the hair grow.

thanks

webpro

In all honesty, you should have been on Propecia/Proscar/Finasteride as of yesterday - it can only help you maintain - if not regrow - your crownal hair in particular - with practically nil chance of any side affects. It definately saved me from losing my crown when it began fading around 3 years ago - no sign of it ever even going in that direction since 6 months after starting it (2 plus yrs ago now).

Having never gone on Rogaine/Minoxidil before, and only attempting to try it 5 days post op from my first HT (now 2.5 weeks ago), MAN DID IT MAKE THE REDNESS FLARE UP (I got the Extra Strength - 5% solution)!

I finally received my order of Folligen today, and having applied it only about 2-3 hours ago, I can definately attest to now possessing the most calmed-down head since the HT. It is now, finally, calming down to the point that I see a light at the end of my baseball-capped tunnel.

I don't think you NEED to be taking Rogaine, unless you want to speed up your initial growth, post-op, by maybe a couple weeks (?), and perhaps save a few crownal hairs from the abyss... Propecia for sure. I'll definately advocate Folligen from now on, and it seems Rogaine PLUS Folligen is even more spectacular, but I'm waiting for my normal scalp color to return before I go there again!