Canadian Transportation from Airport

Just wanted to pass along that I was advised from a past Dr Jones patient that renting a car for 2 days may be cheaper than a $35.00 (U.S.) one way cab fare from the airport to Oakville.

I just got a quote from Enterprise Rent a Car for $48.09 including tax for 2 days rental (pick up 8 pm day before HT and drop off 6 am day after HT).

This is much better than $70.00 round trip plus tip for cab fare, plus I have the freedom to get around.

More things to consider when traveling for a HT.

Just wanted to pass along that I was advised from a past Dr Jones patient that renting a car for 2 days may be cheaper than a $35.00 (U.S.) one way cab fare from the airport to Oakville.

I just got a quote from Enterprise Rent a Car for $48.09 including tax for 2 days rental (pick up 8 pm day before HT and drop off 6 am day after HT).

This is much better than $70.00 round trip plus tip for cab fare, plus I have the freedom to get around.

More things to consider when traveling for a HT.

I went for the cab option. With rental car you're only saving 20 dollars, and it's just one more thing to worry about. I don't think you'd be able to drive the day of surgery anyway. I would definitely advise you to pick a hotel as close to the clinic as possible.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

sonofaplug...

I drove an little over an hour in the morning before my HT to my surgeon's office. I was there until around 5:30 in the evening (an all day HT).

I had planned on getting a hotel room just so I wouldnt have to worry about driving back, but I felt great afterwards so I decided to drive. The trip home took well over an hour and a half (because of construction and traffic), but I was fine. You should be ok driving (it probably varies on a person-by-person basis).

just after I had to pay for mine. Oh well - just my luck.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

I am most concerned about making my flight early the next morning and have had bad experiences with cabs not being reliable.

I figure I'll sleep ok after dinner but if I can't sleep through the night I may just get an early breakfast somewhere and get on my way to the airport early.