how long between hts???

skinnyvi

how long must one usually wait between transplants? i had a 2500 ht on april 1. but as the new hair is starting to grow in, the old hair is leaving. also i had most of the hair in the frontal region & now ther vertex & crown is getting real bad! patience sucks!!

how long must one usually wait between transplants? i had a 2500 ht on april 1. but as the new hair is starting to grow in, the old hair is leaving. also i had most of the hair in the frontal region & now ther vertex & crown is getting real bad! patience sucks!!

I was told that you should wait at least 3 months between strip surgeries (preferrably 6). As far as FUE, you could have another procedure the day after your first FUE.

The key factor is how fast your donor area heals - obviously with strip it will take more time.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

I had my first in July 2001, my second in July 2002, and will have my third and final in August this year. So, I waited a full year between surgeries. I'd feel comfortable waiting 9 months or so, but it just worked out better for me to wait a year between surgeries, for personal reasons.

IMO 3 months is not enough time, and I'd suggest a minimum of 6 months.

I think you should probably wait at least a year minimum before even consider getting your next HT for a couple of reasons.

First, you definitely need to see this HT will yield. As Arfy always points out, each HT procedure should be a stand alone procedure, and you probably wont know your final density/growth/hair thickness of this procedure until at least a year is up. You need to be able to have that final picture of what your hair is like, and only then can you properly decide what your next HT step will be. Will a doctor be able to properly insert the new grafts into an area while some of those grafts still haven't sprouted yet?

Second, it seems to me like you're going through shockloss and that's got to be a hard time ( and is my current biggest fear). I think you've just got to get past this block and develop a mindset that this is only temporary and things will definitely get better. I'm definitely not an expert, but isn't there some type of concealer that you'd consider using in the meantime?

Third, and this coincides with my first reason, some of the hair lost to shockloss will indeed grow back. You need to see which of that hair returns in order to get the final picture.

I'm not sure what the exact time frame for the donor area to be at 100%, but it's a safe bet that the longer you wait the better off you'll be.

I think I'll start a new topic with my new question, and skinnyvi, but here it is too....

When you get an HT, I assume that this hair will also go through a normal shedding/resting cycle as other hairs do. Will all the new hair grafts be on the same shedding cycle? Or, will their cycle start when they begin to "sprout". I'd hate to think that they all go into the same cycle at the same time.