Can hair be made denser in certain areas?

Hi,

I was wondering...

I see that realistically the most dense grafts that can be done are around 50grafts cm2. Is this in one session or in total no matter how many sessions you have? I am in the very early stages of MPB but wonder is for example after one transplant at 50 grafts p/cm2 whether when it has healed and grown out more grafts can be added to a specific area to make it for example 70 grafts p/cm2. I am fairly tall and eventually if I get a transplant would like an even coverage of whatever is possible (after learning how much donor hair will be available) and perhaps add more density in the immediate hairline and say 5cm bak which is what most people see and the area I am most concerned about.

Thanks!

Hi,

I was wondering...

I see that realistically the most dense grafts that can be done are around 50grafts cm2. Is this in one session or in total no matter how many sessions you have? I am in the very early stages of MPB but wonder is for example after one transplant at 50 grafts p/cm2 whether when it has healed and grown out more grafts can be added to a specific area to make it for example 70 grafts p/cm2. I am fairly tall and eventually if I get a transplant would like an even coverage of whatever is possible (after learning how much donor hair will be available) and perhaps add more density in the immediate hairline and say 5cm bak which is what most people see and the area I am most concerned about.

Thanks!

Actually, it is very possible to do more than 50 grafts per cm2 in a single session. And you can add additional density in subsequent sessions as well. High density grafting is technically achievable. The question is, what patients are good candidates given the finite donor bank and progressive nature of hair loss? Age, level of hair loss, hair characteristics etc all play a part in planning the right grafted density.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.