Which Doctor

Benihana

I'm in Socal. Is there any doctor in my area that is very good for HT's? I can't find any that compare to the work of Dr. Rahal, which is who I'm preferring to go to. If there is, please let me know. If i have to travel to another state for another doctor, i'd rather take the full route and travel to Dr. Rahal in Canada. I looked at Dr. Reed's website, and his patient results are good, but I see that Rahal has better hairline designs and uses a better scar closure technique, as well as makes his patients hair look thicker.

I'm in Socal. Is there any doctor in my area that is very good for HT's? I can't find any that compare to the work of Dr. Rahal, which is who I'm preferring to go to. If there is, please let me know. If i have to travel to another state for another doctor, i'd rather take the full route and travel to Dr. Rahal in Canada. I looked at Dr. Reed's website, and his patient results are good, but I see that Rahal has better hairline designs and uses a better scar closure technique, as well as makes his patients hair look thicker.

Benihana,

Take your time and research a few docs that are mentioned here often. I really urge you that if your gut instinct is telling you to travel, LISTEN TO IT. Please do not settle for a local doc for mere convenience, it is a investment for a lifetime. I personally traveled for my procedure to rebuilt my hairline with Dr. Ron Shapiro. I am not in anyway trying to convince you to go there, but there really is not a reason to steer you away from him. He and his staff are amazing. I suggest you look at some docs that are commonly mentioned on this forum (ie. Hasson, Wong, Shapiro (Ron), Feller etc...) These docs are know for providing the best result consistently. There are other docs that are also great docs that I have not mentioned, but please do research for the doc that best suits YOU... Take care

You only live once...

Benihana,

Welcome to our community!

Thank you to Michael and Arrie for sharing their input - they have given you some good references and advice.

Dr. Rahal does excellent work. I had the privilege of mentoring one of his patients in person from the beginning. You can see hairfree's before, progress, and 5 month update pictures here.

Dr. Reed also does excellent work in my opinion. Of course now that you are looking at two quality physicians, you are going to have to select a doctor bsed on your preferences.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Best wishes,

Bill

thanks for all your input guys, really helpful. Yeah I've been following Dr. Rahal's work for a while, i've been researching for about 4-5 months learning all there is about strip surgery and which doctors are top notch surgeons. I've never seen a case of Dr. Rahal's work where I wasn't impressed , especially with the amount of grafts he used to get such a cosmetic difference. I don't mind traveling to Canada to get the procedure done, as he offers a 10% discount to help pay for travel expenses.

Do the research within the coalition and meet them. Go to the one which feels right..

At the end of the day, most coalition docs are capable of delivering the same level of Hair transplantation..

How they get there is the difference

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!