Drs in NY State

Guest dude1

I am thinking of having a HT soon. Would anyone who has had a HT with either Dr Bernstein or Dr Beehner let me know how they made out. All comments would be appreciated.

I am thinking of having a HT soon. Would anyone who has had a HT with either Dr Bernstein or Dr Beehner let me know how they made out. All comments would be appreciated.

I had a H/T with Dr. Beehner in April and I can say that the man is a true professional. It was my second H/T and it was a far better experience than my first. There was hardly any pain and 2 months after the surgery the numbness in my scalp was gone and I returned to normal feeling. The donor scar is very thin. In fact I went to get a haircut two months after the surgery and my stylist couldn't even tell.Dr. Beehner was honest and didn't pressure me into anything. His staff was wonderful and very professional. Anytime I called his office everyone was helpful. I chose the combination approach and had 33 % coupled FU's and 67% FU'S. I chose this approach and was not pressured at all by Dr. Beehner to make this decision. He would have performed an all FU surgery if that is what I wanted. I am 4 months post op and am seeing hairs starting to spout. p. I chose Dr Beehner after visiting several Doctors that are mentioned on this site. I feel I made the right choice for me. I spoke to several of Dr. Beehner's patients before my surgery and they all had good things to say about him. I was skeptical but I must say anything you heard positive about him is true. Look at his credentials and talk to his patients you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for your replies folks.

I've never seen anything negative regarding Dr Beehner or his practice. It was interesting to read your response, wizard. I personally feel it has to be the right 'fit' between dr and patient and that there are a lot of great sugeons out there - so traveling a great distance is not always necessary for everyone.

If anyone else would care to comment on these 2 doctors I'd be interested. Thanks again.

dude1,

i may be too late or maybe not.. but I think you should have a consultatio with Dr. Robert True..

he is still among my top 3.. he seemed very professional, explained everything very patiently - i had a whole lot of questions on all kinds of options, not pushy at all..

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

During my original research to find a recognized HT surgeon, I consulted with Dr. Beehner & Dr. Bernstein. I was impressed by both, but, decided on Dr. Beehner for his practical approach to my particular case. I had an all FU procedure (1500 grafts) & I'm still impressed with how well the procedure went. I would highly recommend him to anyone interested in the procedure.

However, I suggest that one should consider other higly recommended surgeons before making their final decision.