Sebhorric Dermatitis

Hi Everyone

I am suffering with some severe sebhorric dermatitis of the scalp!! It has gotten really bad over the past two weeks. It is very painful, not to mention disgusting.

I have tried Olux foam, Capex Shampoo, Still using Nizoral 2%, and have also tried Nutrogena T-SAL.

I have heard that Sebhorric Derm is often associated with increased androgens. (Male Hormones).

I was wondering if sebhorric derm is common in men with AGA?

Also, if any of you guys have had this condition, and can think of any kind of remedy that works (both NATURAL or MEDICATED) I would really appreciate to hear about them.

Thanks again fellas!!

Jenn

Hi Everyone

I am suffering with some severe sebhorric dermatitis of the scalp!! It has gotten really bad over the past two weeks. It is very painful, not to mention disgusting.

I have tried Olux foam, Capex Shampoo, Still using Nizoral 2%, and have also tried Nutrogena T-SAL.

I have heard that Sebhorric Derm is often associated with increased androgens. (Male Hormones).

I was wondering if sebhorric derm is common in men with AGA?

Also, if any of you guys have had this condition, and can think of any kind of remedy that works (both NATURAL or MEDICATED) I would really appreciate to hear about them.

Thanks again fellas!!

Jenn

I have it, and nothing seems to really work, other than rest (more on this below). Nizoral shampoo seems to help some, some moisturizers.

I don't think mine is too bad relative to pics of others I've seen; mine looks like I have patches of dry skin. I get the dermatitis on my scalp (though interestingly, less on the bald areas than in the horseshoe hair), and other areas that seem to "move" - sometimes I get little dry patches around my eyebrows, and occasionally on the bridge of my nose. Also, my fingertips seem to get pretty dry. The dermatologist said it's pretty common to get dry patches in most any skin fold with this condition. Moisturizing helps, of course.

I only used to flare up in the winter, and particularly if I had the flu or a cold. But now I notice I can flare up if I don't get enough rest over several days. So it's party, then rest, party, then rest, kinda like a geezer. Physical stress does make it worse.

Might be able to get a good lotion for your face from a dermatologist, if you happen to flare up there.

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent or cure seborrheic dermatitis. It can, however, be effectively treated.

Prescription shampoos such as Nizoral 2%, or an over the counter tar shampoo such as Neutrogena T-Gel, are frequently effective. It sounds as if you may need to consider a topical corticosteroid preparation, available by prescription from a dermatologist.

Hope this helps.