To micropose

homer

Micro, in some of your posts you have said that you are not suffering from hairloss yet you are a regular poster on a hairloss forum and take propecia. Are you possibly in denial about this situation? If not then is it wise to take propecia as it may work in a negative way. By this I mean that as propecia only works for a certain amount of years you may have become immune to it when your hairloss finally starts. This is not meant as an attack on you or anything like that as your posts are valued, I just wanted to quiz you on this issue.

Micro, in some of your posts you have said that you are not suffering from hairloss yet you are a regular poster on a hairloss forum and take propecia. Are you possibly in denial about this situation? If not then is it wise to take propecia as it may work in a negative way. By this I mean that as propecia only works for a certain amount of years you may have become immune to it when your hairloss finally starts. This is not meant as an attack on you or anything like that as your posts are valued, I just wanted to quiz you on this issue.

I am aware that there seems to be a 10 year 'life-cycle' on propecia. I haven't observed any side-effects - and the clinical studies showed that the level of your other hormones is not affected by taking it. Neither my father, nor my grandfathers were bald, and my hairline is (or rather was) just like my father's who's almost 50. I am pretty sure I would be good without taking Propecia, but then again people keep saying that even if your grandfathers/father is not bald you can still lose hair. Also some posters said, that their hairloss didn't start until their mid-twenties (I don't know about that - maybe it just became noticeable by then). In my opinion - better safe than sorry. Also - another reason I started taking it, was to minimize the post-op shock loss (if any). I was never counting on growing hair in the temporal area (I never had any hair there). In addition to all this - if Propecia stops working, I can always switch to duasteride, or something better that comes along (again I don't think I'll have to).

Most people here are trying to (partially) recover what they lost. I never wanted to lower my hairline or anything (my pre-op hairline was the same as it had been back when I was in high school) - I just wanted to have nicely closed corners, and that's the only place I was transplanting hair.

I'm sure that if I was losing hair, I would wait till I'm at least 25, then get a strip megasession, and keep up with the hairloss using FUE.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke