Hair Cut Question

I needed some advice from some of you, I just had a procedure a few weeks ago and prior to the procedure I buzzed my hair down to a 1 guard. However, the doctor shaved the donor area and now under the scar all the way around the head that area has no (or very minimal) hair whereas the rest has grown out around it. I was thinking of having my barber buzz the surrounding hair around the scar (below it) and then use a concealer just to cover the actual scar. Would this be advisable? Or is that skin under the scar damaged and will look weird if I was to cut the hair short beneath it?

Hopefully I can get some answers by the end of today so I can get the cut tomorrow. Thanks!

I needed some advice from some of you, I just had a procedure a few weeks ago and prior to the procedure I buzzed my hair down to a 1 guard. However, the doctor shaved the donor area and now under the scar all the way around the head that area has no (or very minimal) hair whereas the rest has grown out around it. I was thinking of having my barber buzz the surrounding hair around the scar (below it) and then use a concealer just to cover the actual scar. Would this be advisable? Or is that skin under the scar damaged and will look weird if I was to cut the hair short beneath it?

Hopefully I can get some answers by the end of today so I can get the cut tomorrow. Thanks!

Its_going_fast,

I'm having a hard time visualizing what you are saying. Are you saying that the hair under the scar is not growing but the hair above is? It's only been a few weeks however, if you are concerned, please consult with your physician.

Regarding hair cut however, you can cut it however you want. If the hair looks uneven and you want to even it up, feel free. Just be careful of the donor scar. Additionally, personally, I like to wait at least a month before cutting the hair on top of my head. Even though the transplanted hair is firmly in place by 2 weeks, I like to be a bit extra cautious and not let a stylist play with my hair until the grafts have shed, not to mention the fact that the natural hair may still be weaker due to recent scalp trauma.

Bill