Rogaine Post Op Question

HairSeeker2

Guys,

I have had 5 surgeries and all of my head from hairline to crown is transplanted hair.

I heard that Rogaine post op is good for quicker growth.

I am using 2% now and will switch to 5 soon.

My question this. Is there anyway that I can see new growth on a bald area that has been bald for 8-9 years?

In other words I have no vellous hairs at all only transplanted hairs. So how can rogaine benefit me at all?

Also, I don't plan to use Rogaine forever seeing I am on propecia and haven't lost any hair for 3 years at all.

How long should I stay on Rogaine post op?

Guys,

I have had 5 surgeries and all of my head from hairline to crown is transplanted hair.

I heard that Rogaine post op is good for quicker growth.

I am using 2% now and will switch to 5 soon.

My question this. Is there anyway that I can see new growth on a bald area that has been bald for 8-9 years?

In other words I have no vellous hairs at all only transplanted hairs. So how can rogaine benefit me at all?

Also, I don't plan to use Rogaine forever seeing I am on propecia and haven't lost any hair for 3 years at all.

How long should I stay on Rogaine post op?

Rogaine can help stimulate the transplanted follicles and enhance the scalp conditions for quicker growth. If you do not wish to stay on it after the initial growth of newly transplanted hair, then it would likely be best to stop applying it around month 5 or 6 post-op. Consult your physician for his/her advice too.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by HairSeeker2:

Robert,

If I receive any benefit to the transplanted hairs growing quicker or stronger..ect when I stop using it at the 5-6 month will that hair fall out that was transplanted?

Thank you.

Good question, but no. If you started getting any other growth as a result of the minoxidil then you would lose that benefit, but the transplanted hairs are yours to keep minoxidil or no.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog