Some Oozing?

I just had a procedure done today that consiste of 3000 grafts by Dr Feller. All went well, and the recipient area looks great. But tonight, I noticed that 2 or 3 areas of the recipient site has a small bubble of yellowish clear fluid, and one area has reddish bubble. Is this normal? I didnt touch the recipient site at all. Seems to of appeared right after taking Vicodin.

I just had a procedure done today that consiste of 3000 grafts by Dr Feller. All went well, and the recipient area looks great. But tonight, I noticed that 2 or 3 areas of the recipient site has a small bubble of yellowish clear fluid, and one area has reddish bubble. Is this normal? I didnt touch the recipient site at all. Seems to of appeared right after taking Vicodin.

John M,

I would talk to Dr. Feller to be sure, but the oozing you are experiencing after only 1 day from the transplant could just be some extra blood/fluid in the scalp making it's way to the surface.

I hope you will take your time to share your experience and photos with us on our discussion forum. I also encourage you to create a hair loss weblog.

Best wishes,

Bill

Great, the oozing stopped the day after. But now I see that there is a yelowish-whitish patch of scalp in between the grafts. Looks like pus under the skin. Not oozing. I tried caling the oofice, but I got his receptionist, and she told me to use a warm wet cloth on it to draw out the "yucky" stuff out. I asked if it'll ruin the grafts, and she said no. I'm hoping this isnt an infection which wil hinder the growth. It's not red or anything, just a whit patch about 1" around.

John,

I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of adding a link to your weblog in your signature so people can follow your progress.

Everything looks normal in your pictures. Expect some discoloration and oozing for the first few days. The scabs will harden and over the next 10 days or so the scabs should be gone as long as you are following your doctor's post op advice.

Keep us posted,

Bill