HT's less effective on dark haired patients?

Kilimanjaro

In another post, Dr. PRose said the following:

" A good HT can be undetectable. This is especially true for individuals with light color hair and a fair complexion. Follicular unit transplantation allow us to achieve remarkably natural results. Individuals with dark hair and light complexions are more diffcult. "

I am confused about this. Most of the great pics I have seen seem to be of those with dark hair. I have dark hair (pitch dark black) and light brownish skin. Am I not a suitable candidate?

In another post, Dr. PRose said the following:

" A good HT can be undetectable. This is especially true for individuals with light color hair and a fair complexion. Follicular unit transplantation allow us to achieve remarkably natural results. Individuals with dark hair and light complexions are more diffcult. "

I am confused about this. Most of the great pics I have seen seem to be of those with dark hair. I have dark hair (pitch dark black) and light brownish skin. Am I not a suitable candidate?

If someone has pitch black hair and a very pale complexion, there is a huge contrast there. The less contrast between hair and skin color the better the results. It's similar to the contrast in thinning hair. If you're blond and thinning it's not as "striking" as having black hair, because there is less contrast between hair and scalp color. Kind of like Kelsey Grammer (Frasier). He is thin up top but his hair is light so it doens't look too bad (IMO).

You can still have a good HT, it's just preferable if you're hair and skin color are similar. I'm certainly no doctor but that's always what I've heard HT docs say.

Check out this link with a pic that Jotronic posted.

http://www.hair-restoration-info.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=5696015661&f=1466060861&m=2806047302

I have somewhat darker hair than that, but also somewhat darker skin. Anyway, it seems like the HT worked great for that guy.

Also, can surgeons pack hair in one square inch as densely as it was orignially when you were in your teens? If so, I don't see how the color of skin and hair matters if you just need a small area done?! It would matter if you were a NW-6 and need a lot of coverage, but I am probably a NW-2/NW-2.5.