Looking to get a HT

Hi all.. been reading and trying to learn all I can from the forums.. Very informative.. I'm 31, started thinning in my early 20's and no left with very thin hair in the frontal hairline and top. I'm ready to get my HT done after many years of mixed emotions.

I just came back from my appointment at Bosley's, and was kinda kicked back at the costs. They recommended me to a 900graft session (frontal Hairline) at $8.75 per and said I might need another 900 if the density didnt fill in. If I was to get all 1800 up front in two sessions the cost would go down to $6.50 per.

My questions are... has anyone had any experinces with Bosley in San Francisco (Dr Buckler) and are the prices I'm being quoted a bit high.

thanks in advance..

J

Hi all.. been reading and trying to learn all I can from the forums.. Very informative.. I'm 31, started thinning in my early 20's and no left with very thin hair in the frontal hairline and top. I'm ready to get my HT done after many years of mixed emotions.

I just came back from my appointment at Bosley's, and was kinda kicked back at the costs. They recommended me to a 900graft session (frontal Hairline) at $8.75 per and said I might need another 900 if the density didnt fill in. If I was to get all 1800 up front in two sessions the cost would go down to $6.50 per.

My questions are... has anyone had any experinces with Bosley in San Francisco (Dr Buckler) and are the prices I'm being quoted a bit high.

thanks in advance..

J

I've not been to Bosley in SF, but this site recommends many qualified surgeons on CA that some patients have been very happy with.

I'm 31 as well, and a veteran of a bad HT (not Bosley). However, all you need is one to know it is not worth the risk. Go out and visit some of the docs on this site before you do anything.

Price-wise, the price is high. I think you will find $4-5 more common from the surgeons on this site.

Also, travel if necessary! This is a big deal and there is no need to settle for anything less than the best.

MR

Take the time to traval to a more skilled HT doctor. That 2 hour plane ride could be the most important trip of you life. Also, a lot of the clinics have travel reinbursement. I don't know anything about Bosley in SF but I do know a slick ad campaign that prays on peoples emotions to be young and youthful. Good luck.

Neo

Thanks for the input guys. I will be putting off my HT until I've done much more research.

thanks again..

J