Post OP . Dr Blaine Lehr (1955 grafts)

dreams4me

I have just talked with Pat and he is going to talk to Dr. Lehr to address this post publicly so he can explain his philosophy.

The way I understand it however, is that Dr. Lehr performs quality follicular unit transplantation however, the work is not ultra refined as most of us are used to seeing by our coalition physicians.

Many hair restoration physicians still believe in using "chubby" grafts as opposed to "skinny" grafts which ultimately leads to larger incisions and less dense packing. Studies still indicate higher growth yield with "chubby" grafts due to the possible hairs in the telogen phase of the hair growth cycle hidden in the extra dermis.

Many hair restoration physicians, including those from our coalition believe in multiple smaller sessions to achieve desired coverage and density. There are different approaches and as long as the same result is achieved in the end - that is what matters.

Ultimately as long as Dr. Lehr performs follicular unit transplantation and achieves naturalness and high hair growth yield without pitting, cobblestoning, ridging or undue scalp trauma post-op - then he is performing quality work.

Seeing Toad_NW3 10 month pictures and his level of satisfaction shows that Dr. Lehr is performing quality work. Though in Dreams4me's case, he will most likely need multiple sessions to create the necessary illusion of density. As long as this has been communicated as part of his long term hair restoration goals/game plan - then there is no problem.

I look forward to hearing from Dr. Lehr.

Bill

Hello guys,

I am not resposible for the scabbing probably its bcos of the needles used in the recipient area. But to be fair to Dr Lehr, he told abt the mature hairline and said that with the amount of grafts i might not get very dense results. I will probably wait for 10 more months to see the end result. Also am open to another procedure in a year or two.

Thanks for all your notes and keep up the good work.

P.S Also i will love to hear Dr Lehrs comments abt his procedure if he is reading this thread.