I am thinking about going to Bosley to have my first HT. I am kind of skeptic, i would like to know if anyone had a procedure done by them and would anyone recommend them. I have been doing a lot of research about HT, and i am also concerned about the cost, they charge $9.50 for each graft for the first 600 grafts. please reply anyone.

I am thinking about going to Bosley to have my first HT. I am kind of skeptic, i would like to know if anyone had a procedure done by them and would anyone recommend them. I have been doing a lot of research about HT, and i am also concerned about the cost, they charge $9.50 for each graft for the first 600 grafts. please reply anyone.

Uhmmm huh? You've been doing research? Really? And yet you're still considering Bosley? Exactly what is your definition of reseach? Sorry, just poking at you. Seriously, do more research; it won't take much to discover what you need to do.....as in "not considering Bosley any more"...

Do a bit more researching mike thomas. I had my first consultation with bosely as well, since they are one of the first clinic to pop up when you google "hair transplant". After a bit more search you will find that there is couple of on-going lawsuits against bosely's practice ethnics. $9.5 is awfully high, you will find that most of the best surgeons that are talked about here on this forum only charge an average of $4-5 per graft. Best of luck.

• Administrators

Mike,

Welcome to our forum. I suggest to all potential patients that they click on the "Find" button on this forum and enter the name of the clinic or physician they are considering. You will then be able to see posts by actual patients going back over five years.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by mike thomas:

Take a look at real photos posted by real patients of real top physicians in the Hair Transplant Patient Photo Albums forum. Put price out of your mind. Remember, photos posted there are either by the real patients or posted by representatives of clinics (an example is Jotronic) that have built their credibility to the point that we know what they post is not altered. Then take another look at the slick marketing on the site of the clinic you are considering. Remember, put price out of your mind.

Now, do a search for the clinic you are considering. Click the "Find" button up in the tool bar and put in "Bosley" (dont forget to uncheck the box that limits your search) and read the posts that come up. These are actual patient posts.

Keep price out of your mind while you do this. It's important because price should not be a consideration at all while you research this procedure. The same goes for geographic location.

Now that you have done that, read around the forums at the latest posts and then go back. Do more searches for physicians' names that you see come up over and over. Learn why they are repeated more than others.

Again, keep price out of your head. You only get one scalp. Who wants to walk around with a "Hyundai" when they can have a "Benz"? Why would you treat your scalp - the very thing you cannot hide from the world - any different? You would consider paying more for the best in the business right? You would definitely consider paying more for the peace of mind of knowing that the physician you selected has an impeccable history of ethics and dedication to his patients, right? Sure you would. Anyone in their right mind would.

Once you have done all that, start comparing the prices of the place you mentioned (who you should know after you did all that research has hundreds, possibly thousands of dissatisfied and worse patients) to the prices of the most reverred, skilled, and ethical physicians in the industry.

I think you may be pleasantly surprised. icon_smile.gif

One day, you will thank the search engine that brought you to these forums and saved you from a very costly and potentially damaging mistake.

Good luck buddy.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

thank you for your reply. how about the following doctors, dr.Shapiro,Dr.Epstein and dr.Bernestein.

Originally posted by pushing 40:

Uhmmm huh? You've been doing research? Really? And yet you're still considering Bosley? Exactly what is your definition of reseach? Sorry, just poking at you. Seriously, do more research; it won't take much to discover what you need to do.....as in "not considering Bosley any more"...

• 2 weeks later...

mike, like you I was considering Bosley even to the point of setting up an appointment with them, now I feel very lucky to have found this forum in the nick of time. Most people are led to believe TV ads, thats why they hire the best to promote them, I know, cause I still am a blind believer! but any surgery you ever get demands the best and believe me, no one else is going to research it for you. Thankfully this forum exists for us unknowing Consumers. Here are revealed relationships between Customers and Doctors. It can be scary, so make sure it is you that is not sharing a negative testimonial. There a plenty of good people here to give you good, and learned Advice. Good luck!

Originally posted by mike thomas:

thank you for your reply. how about the following doctors, dr.Shapiro,Dr.Epstein and dr.Bernestein.

Mike, any of those docs would be good.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Mike - Welcome to the Forums. I am quite new to this Forum, but not to Hair Transplants as I had my most recent one about 5 years ago with ... Bosley. I am considered by most to have pretty good work by them, but I am seeking Dr. Shapiro to refine my hairline and make it as natural as the ones you see here. There is simply no comparison. If nobody sees my hairline, nobody could ever tell I had a HT done, but if someone looked at my hairline, they could definitely tell something was 'off' or 'not natural'.

Here are my photos:

M&M Photos

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog