Alopecia Areata

Could any of the Coalition doctors and members of this forum share any light on HT andAlopecia Areata bald spots(hair falling out in quarter dollar sizes all over the hair).

Thanks for the Infor.

hi god hahaha

my names richie on this and other forums ,

I suffered alopecia areata in my early 20's after I had shingles , adult chicken pox .

alopecia areata is when your immune system thinks your folicals are antibodies and attacks them , basically your immune system is confused , after it attacks them your body recovers and most times your hair will grown back . I was left with a patch ,20mm in diameter ,near my crowns , i have a double crown , which unfortunitally never regrew , not even on meds , for years my pals named my triple crown .

It wasn't a problem at first because the rest of my hair was thick and healthy .

By my late 20s I had started to thin around my crowns due to male pattern baldness so after 18 months on meds , proscar ,to stablise my hair loss I had 2100 crown grafts with Dr Feller in nov 2007 .

Dr Feller show no concern due to me now been healthy and I have recovered from the alopecia areata, and the blood still flows to the new grafts when transplanted , like any other hair transplant .

John fustiante , guitarist with the red hot chilli peppers is rumoured to have had a similar proceedure to fill in a patch due to alopecia areata from drug abuse in the 90s .

Below is a link to my 5 month update pics to show dr Feller's work

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=151577

hope that helps bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

HI,

I been getting bald spots in my beard, went to see a doctor, gave me injections, hairs did come back. now i have more in my beard icon_frown.gif......

I wonder , how can I make my immune system more stronger? any ideas, vitimans out there? plz help..

thanx.

btw most is related to stress they say!!!!!!!

Propecia .5mg

1/2 tablet of hairscript formula

Hi,

I want to share my experience with alopecia aerata, I had this condition 3 years ago, it started as a spot in my beard.

Luckly for me, I meet a very good MD, and after running some tests (FT4, THS, bacteriological), he thought it was an infection at the skin level, and maybe something related to the stress).

The treatment was (the drugs names are european - I live in Romania):

- Xanax - once a day in the evening, for 3 months (initially 0,25mg, then 0,5mg after the first month)

- Wilprafen - twice a day (12 h intervals), I think for 14 days

- Advantan Milk / Locoid Gel - 5 minutes local massage twice a day, for a minimum of 3 months, switching between them after one month (I think I use them for 6-7 months)

After 4 months, the hair stated to grow again in the affected area.

Now, that area it is 100% ok.

The point of this post is not to use the same prescription, but to know there are solutions to this problem. And you should go to a good doctor first.