In two minds... psycology of ht

I have to admit, I am in too mindas about a second ht.

I have a pluggy mini graft hairline, which has bugged me for years, stoped me doing stuff and made me more recluisive than I was, made me less confident...

But on the other hand, a second ht seems such a horrable prospect. I mean transatlantic flight, paying out ??3000-ish to be atristicaly stabed 1200 times in the head. Tight scalp for weeks afterwards...

I seem to be loosing the will to sort out my life with regards to hair. Can any other souls offer motivation here? I think I am getting to the stage where I have put my life on pause but am too confused to make the jump to a good hair surgon and a better life...

Dazed and confused

Nobel Victim

I have to admit, I am in too mindas about a second ht.

I have a pluggy mini graft hairline, which has bugged me for years, stoped me doing stuff and made me more recluisive than I was, made me less confident...

But on the other hand, a second ht seems such a horrable prospect. I mean transatlantic flight, paying out ??3000-ish to be atristicaly stabed 1200 times in the head. Tight scalp for weeks afterwards...

I seem to be loosing the will to sort out my life with regards to hair. Can any other souls offer motivation here? I think I am getting to the stage where I have put my life on pause but am too confused to make the jump to a good hair surgon and a better life...

Dazed and confused

Nobel Victim

i almost gave up myself, but i decided to do the research and go through the necessary steps to finally just have a descent life. good luck to you and all the rest of us dealing with this terrible disease.

Hi Nobel Victim,

I can relate to how losing your hair makes one self-conscious. Nine months after my 1503 FU graft hair transplant last June by Dr. True, I can honestly say that self-consciousness has all but completely evaporated. It is a very liberating feeling to once again be able to engage life full-throttle with restored self-esteem! Obviously a hair transplant isn't going to be a "cure-all" if you got other "issues" (which we all do), and it's not going to turn back the calendar years, but it can help immensely if hair-loss happens to be one of your biggest "issues"! Yes, it will be a disruption to your life for a short time -- but within 10 days you can be back to living 90% normal and not long after that you will be reaping huge benefits (assuming a good Doctor). Furthermore, your actions will continue to pay dividends the rest of your life!! Yes, it is rather expensive. I ask one question though: "What material thing can you buy or how else can you spend your money that will improve the quality of your life to the same extent?"

You ask for motivation. I don't know your religious standing, but I personally draw much motivation from the bible. As such, here is a passage of scripture for you: "For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firsfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified,; and whom He justified, these he also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" -- Romans 8:22-31 (NKJV)

I know this is long, but I hope you draw some inspiration from it. I would ask God to help guide you in making the right decision regarding repair work. You won't regret it!

And remember, Nobel Victim -- life goes by, just don't let life pass you by...

GratefulHead

GreatfulHead- excellent post. God is not going to make hair grown on our heads but He will give us strength to deal with our issues.

Nobel- It seems like you're in the same frame of mind that most repair patients are in - once bitten, twice shy. I've been there too brother. If you have the money to do so, get the pluggy hairline fixed. If you think it will set you free, then do it. You just need to make sure and take your time and do your homework. When you walk in the day of surgery you'll have confidence in your doc, and confidence that it will turn out right. Good luck and keep fighting the good fight!!

I went to a Doctor on this site and got butchered. I have had good fue repair work by a non recommended Doctor. I have been wearing a hat for 18 months. I couldn't afford not to get repair work. Choose you Doc wisely.

Dear All, (Esp Gratefulhead)

Thank all so much for your kind words. You know, since my last sugery, I havent so much given up on life as simply become totlay risk adverse. I guess this might be because I am generaly a quite methodical, and the last time I did something impusive I visited the wrong clinic!

It is very easy to fall into a routine where you feel comfortable, I wear my hair long enough ti kid myslef that my weird hairline is mostly combed over and wait for the latest addition to my drug cuboard to fix the damage, its all very obsesive. Hairworthy and UKGezzer are quite right on this! It is best just to get on and get out of the rut. I do know that too, in a way, but as TS808 says once bitten twise shy (Ahmen!).

I should say, I think that the monny involved is a baragian in so many ways, I mean all the time I spend re-reading the Bald Truth could be spent doing other things!!!

I'm really grateful, and if I procede I will post up some picks and keep you all posted.

Very best

NV

Nobel-

The time you spend doing your research on these internet forums is very valuable. I spent 9 months of daily research before I made my decision. I got several different opinions and even flew to other locations to see the docs in person once I had it narrowed down. Just knowing that my situation was about to change started to lift the weight off of my shoulders. Take your time and plan carefully and you'll be just fine. Look at all of the amazing "comeback" pictures that we've seen here. I'm certain that you can put this all behind you.