Need Help/Advice please!!

Hello im new here and am really hoping for some advice...

I have always Had A fairly Large Forehead with quite a far back hair line for an average person, but it was always quite thick. I fist noticed my hair starting to thin when i was 16, but i didnt really think much of it as it was a rare side effect of an achne drug i was prescribed, my dermatologist said any hair thinning would stop as soon as i finish the course.

I have now just turned 18 and its never stopped. if anything its getting worse. Its hard now to make out my hair line and its starting to thin behind it towards my crown area? At the moment im managing to hide it with a longish kinda fringe look. which most people my age seem to have anyway but its only getting worse and i would say most of the hair loss has been in the last 6 months.

unfortunately most of the males in my family are bald, but none of the lost there hair before 30 which i would be able to deal with. I really cant deal with loosing all my hair at this age, I live fairly close to london in quite a fashion/nightlife kinda society which makes it even worse in a kind of way, because it is really screwing with my confidence.

I have an appointment with my local doctor, but i recon he will just send me to another dermatologist or something. What if any other routes can i take, am i too young for a transplant?

thanks for anyhelp

luke

Hello im new here and am really hoping for some advice...

I have always Had A fairly Large Forehead with quite a far back hair line for an average person, but it was always quite thick. I fist noticed my hair starting to thin when i was 16, but i didnt really think much of it as it was a rare side effect of an achne drug i was prescribed, my dermatologist said any hair thinning would stop as soon as i finish the course.

I have now just turned 18 and its never stopped. if anything its getting worse. Its hard now to make out my hair line and its starting to thin behind it towards my crown area? At the moment im managing to hide it with a longish kinda fringe look. which most people my age seem to have anyway but its only getting worse and i would say most of the hair loss has been in the last 6 months.

unfortunately most of the males in my family are bald, but none of the lost there hair before 30 which i would be able to deal with. I really cant deal with loosing all my hair at this age, I live fairly close to london in quite a fashion/nightlife kinda society which makes it even worse in a kind of way, because it is really screwing with my confidence.

I have an appointment with my local doctor, but i recon he will just send me to another dermatologist or something. What if any other routes can i take, am i too young for a transplant?

thanks for anyhelp

luke

first and foremost you need to get a prescription from your gp for finesteride this has different names eg proscar,propecia etc but they are the same this medication will slow down and stabalize sometimes even stop your hairloss it does have sides but for most they are mild and usually subside after a few months good luck buddy. ps if you go down the ht route do plenty of research its a huge step and dont go with any doc not recommended on here too risky especially norton ,hospital group , fueclinics they are scum all the best regards bullit

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Yes, I agree that Propecia (finesteride) is a must. You are starting early so it will do a great deal of good. I waited too late.

I believe most HT docs prefer to wait until you are in your mid-20's at least. You have to wait long enough for your loss pattern to be developed or else a few years after your HT things will look weird.