Donor Scar/NYC Barber-Stylist recommendations

Hi all, I'm a new member to this site but not new to procedures. I'm one-month post-op 1500 grafts (approx 2300 hairs). This was my 3rd procedure.

Although I'm accustomed to #2 guard buzzcuts, unfortunately, I will soon be sporting something resembling a mullet to cover up some loss in and around the donor scar.

I'm in NYC, can anyone recommend a barber/stylist in the area with experience in styling post-op patients? Thank you.

Hi all, I'm a new member to this site but not new to procedures. I'm one-month post-op 1500 grafts (approx 2300 hairs). This was my 3rd procedure.

Although I'm accustomed to #2 guard buzzcuts, unfortunately, I will soon be sporting something resembling a mullet to cover up some loss in and around the donor scar.

I'm in NYC, can anyone recommend a barber/stylist in the area with experience in styling post-op patients? Thank you.

N-6,

Welcome to our forum.

At one month post-op, you can see any barber or stylist that you would like to help find the best hairstyle for you. I would caution him/her ahead of time however, about your surgery and to be careful around the scar area, or it might hurt a little.

Bill

Bill, I found a stylist who has lots of experience cutting and styling around donor scars which is what I was looking for. He understood my concerns and did a great job. Thank you for your response.

• 4 years later...

Hi N-6

Googled and your message above from 2008 came up. I myself just had hair transplant surgery NYC, and was looking (similar to you back then) for a barber/stylist in NYC with some experience of post hair transplant customers (and avoidance of over cutting in the donor scar area etc). I note that you found one in the end, can you pls share the name of the barber shop and barber? i realise its been 4 years since you might have been to that shop, but anything you recall would greatly help...

Many thanks

W.