FUE and patchwork

I have read a lot about not doing patch work, or should I say small sessions at a young age because you waste donor hair, and you obviously will have one more scar to deal with. Well with FUE on the horizon, does that not take away the deterant of small session patch work. Due to the way in which it heals and leaves minor to no visible scarring, wouldn't it be safe to say if you only need small session maintenance work done, go for it. Now by patchwork I'm talkin guys who might not be far along their balding. I for example have been on Propecia a year. I'm sticking at around a N2 or N3. However there are patches in the front of my hairline which are obviously not gonna grow. I am very reluctant to get a FU strip procedure due to the extra scar it would create knowing that somewhere down the line, barring break thru drugs, I'm gonna need plenty of scalp for strip. So doesn't FUE kinda dismiss this concern.

I have read a lot about not doing patch work, or should I say small sessions at a young age because you waste donor hair, and you obviously will have one more scar to deal with. Well with FUE on the horizon, does that not take away the deterant of small session patch work. Due to the way in which it heals and leaves minor to no visible scarring, wouldn't it be safe to say if you only need small session maintenance work done, go for it. Now by patchwork I'm talkin guys who might not be far along their balding. I for example have been on Propecia a year. I'm sticking at around a N2 or N3. However there are patches in the front of my hairline which are obviously not gonna grow. I am very reluctant to get a FU strip procedure due to the extra scar it would create knowing that somewhere down the line, barring break thru drugs, I'm gonna need plenty of scalp for strip. So doesn't FUE kinda dismiss this concern.